Motorola Q9n service

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by canrob55, Apr 8, 2009.

1. canrob55

canrob55 New Member

Motorola Q9n service

I would like to know if it require a special service like black berry?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

just a smartphone data plan like any other smartphone
  3. FusionSaint

FusionSaint New Member

I had a whole thing about what plans to get on and such for this phone. It should still be somewhere on here. Look for Data Plans on Verizon thread. I think I posted how I got what I did.
  4. canrob55

canrob55 New Member

The reason that I ask this question is that I spoke to a Verizon representative and he told me that Smart phones made berfore Feb. 2009 can be activated using standar phone plane with no data service. Aseller in ebay told me that the Q9n don't need data plan. I like that option becouse some times I do not require data service. But you most know better owning this phone. Let me know if this is true.
  5. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

All the details from VZW are correct. As for the ebay seller he is somewhat correct but that is a serious risk to not have anything IMO. I personally have 3 Naps activated in my house on 3 differnt accounts/lines. 2 of them never show or clock data usage, however the 3rd one does. So if you went with no data plan and they did clock it you'd be paying the $1.99/mb for everything sent & recieve which will add up way fast depending on how much you use it.

Also as an fyi best ask the ebay seller for some specifics on the phone. There have been reports of a lot of bad ones coming from ebay. You really need to know what hardware build it is, software version it has, and was it made in China or made in USA.
  6. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

Just help me understand what you mean that your two phone never show or clock data usage. Do you mean you use data plan but not charged 1.99mb? Free? If so, how did you do that?
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

No it's not free as I still have an actual data plan on the accounts it just does not log any data usage on my account when you check online or get your bill is all. So in theory yea I could drop the data plan I guess but that is also a big risk IMO. I use data services everyday so if it did start logging it and I was billed at the $1.99/mb fee my bill would be sky high which is unacceptable needless to say so I just keep the data plans on the accounts to be safe and covered if something does change.
  8. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

If you CAN get activated on VZW, you can use the $15/mo V-Pak plan (Unlimited data) instead of the $30 or $45/mo data plans. Ya gotta do it right, but it works. :) -Q
  9. dkim36

dkim36 New Member

How do you do that v-pak plan? can you tell us what to do?
  10. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Easier you read the thresds here - there are plenty of good examples. :) -Q
  11. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

umm a good plan is to not discusss it to much in the forums as VZW does send people to these sites to see what we are doing. And at some point they may catch on and block it. It had already been asked by a few people to not discuss it in the forums anymore. As mentioend tho the details had been posted including some by me but I went back and edited them to remove the specifics on the request of a fellow member. If anything take it to PM's just to be safe.