Motorola Q9c Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by danwo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Parout

Parout New Member

Just picked my 9c up a couple of days ago. Goodbye Palm Treo! I owned 3 of them and were a piece of %&*! Now the 9c is a bit to get used to without the touchscreen, but it seems to be intuitive and I have not had much problem getting acclamated to it. The one thing that I have noticed is that the texting on Windows Mobile blows. It does not keep threads. I will be buying a 3rd party solution. I am looking at extreme text by Birdsoft if anyone has this and wants to comment. Back to the 9c...I set up my email with our exchange server today. Easy, easy, easy. All of my exchange folders are being pushed to my phone. I used Good with my Treo and it was not stable. This phone, thus far, has been responsive. Voice recognition rocks. I haven't had this on a phone for years and it has moved light years forward. Great for dialing in the car...oops I don't really use the phone in the car:laugh2:

I have ordered a 1GB card to put in it. I assume I should load any additional apps to it. One thing that I am a bit perplexed about is on Windows OS are apps still running when I go to another app? If I open the browser and then say answer a call and reply to an email, is the browser still running. I have read where these apps can slow a Windows phone down. Should I consider a 3rd party app manager to use my phone more efficiently?
  2. theql

theql New Member

in love with qc

i got mine in dec. and still haven't put it dowm. :laugh2: constantly on search for software. it works great with my slingbox. much better fuctionality than the regular q. the opera broswer ($24 for license) will allow you to look at ANY website you want as aposed to the one's that mobile 6 will allow. so nice! also, any true q lover should go to invisibleshield.com its a BEATUIFULLY clear cover that will protect your q. it is the bomb-diggity. if you look under the q9c, you will see the q9c world edition. i called them, and the qh is the case for our phone. you can use it without the extented battery cover, but with the tactile finish, i didn't even use it but on the front and the camera. $24.95 with free shipping. A MUST!!
  3. jae.keyz

jae.keyz New Member

i have extreme text but find myself not using it much.. its to slow for me. yes apps remain running in the background if u make a call or open another program. i have a 512MB sd card and i only use it to store documents and some music, still 300MB free. i only install to the device dont see the point of installing to a memory card.
  4. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Installing apps to your storage card helps to keep your phone from getting too bogged down. To the OP, it's a good idea to get in the habit of closing out programs when you're done using them (either through the menus of the program itself, or with the built-in task manager (or third party replacement).
  5. MikeInOrlando

MikeInOrlando New Member

Sleep with my Q? With the Barry White hack you can make sweet love to your Q on a nightly basis....or, um.....so I've heard.
  6. whittw

whittw New Member

I dont think that hack is covered under warranty :tounge:
  7. jae.keyz

jae.keyz New Member

as long as u keep large files.. like mp3s, roms, etc on ya sd card you shouldnt have a problem. youll have to be installing every app you come across to really bog the performance. Also dont install and uninstall frequent as your registry grows in size. apps are like 0.5-2MB each u really have to install alot of apps to use up alot of the device space.
  8. Dragonheart8588

Dragonheart8588 New Member

Phone Rebate

I bought my phone through sprint website. It said that phone rebate is $100 but I got a $300 check. Is that mistake or am I really suppose to get it?
  9. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Apparently Sprint does that all the time . . .
  10. Xian

Xian New Member

Picked up my 9c on Friday. Had trouble getting it to sync but found out it was due to Vista, not the phone. Reinstalled XP last night and syncs fine now.

I used to have the Q. I definitely like this phone a lot more. I had a stint with Helio in between and I have to say, that got me addicted to GPS. I'm finding that the GPS isn't quite as user friendly as the Helio was but it's nothing horrible. With the Ocean, all I had to do was open google maps and click on "Find My Location" but that doesn't seem to work here, I have to actually click "Use GPS" and have it search for me every time I want to use it. Oh well, GPS is GPS, I guess.

I like this keyboard a LOT better than the old Q which surprises me. I figured I wouldn't like it with the keys being scrunched together and all but they did a great job on the beveling, making it easy to use. I found this to be a TON better than the keyboard on the Blackberry 8800.

I like the look of the phone too. The black and chrome is, in my opinion, more professional looking than just a solid color. The standard extended battery is a godsend too since I remember constantly losing battery power on my old Q.

I also don't remember my old Q having any instant messaging ... or maybe I just didn't know about it ... but I find myself using the built in AIM and Yahoo a lot and it's so easy to navigate.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with the phone. The only weird thing that's happened is that occasionally, the backlight will come on when nothing's happening. So I'll see it turn on and figure I'm getting a text or email and ... nothing. Also, I notice that they still haven't fixed the issue where emails you send from the email account programmed into the phone show up as a new email ... so everytime I send from my gmail account through my outlook on my PC, a minute later, I'll end up getting a new mail notification on the 9c.

Time to go play with customizing it now that I can sync properly.
  11. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

There are a number of threads about Gmail to fix that problem. Do you have it set up as a POP3 or IMAP account on your phone. There's a sort of roundabout fix for POP3, but it's probably easier just to set it up as an IMAP account. Look for the instructions on your Gmail page or look for the Gmail IMAP thread here at EQ.
  12. Xian

Xian New Member

awesome. thanks, yeah, i'll find it. i used to be active here when i had my old Q, then found no reason to come back (except for the wit of rudeboy and n99hockey). i'm definitely trying to catch up on threads that will help me re-learn some of this. glad to know there's a fix for it though. thanks for the info.
  13. op12

op12 New Member

In case you're catching up on older threads, Gmail's IMAP issue has been resolved and there's no longer blank HTML emails, so it's the way to go (many benefits over POP)
  14. CenTexDiver

CenTexDiver New Member

I got my 9c about three weeks ago and have only had one problem with it. Something I did I'm sure. I did the master reset, restored my contacts and recently did most of the hacks and now can't my Q down. And of course all my friends that have crackberrys and have played with my Q want one now.
  15. MrClean

MrClean New Member

I have the original Q, I debated between the Palm Treo/Centreno and the Q9c. I like the look and feel of the Q (both original and 9c). The Treo is too big (IMO) and the Centreno keyboard is too small. I weighed all my options and since I'm already familiar with the Q layout/functions I decided to go with the 9c. Looks like it's time to look over the forums again and see what goodies are out there for my new phone.
  16. emike2k3

emike2k3 New Member

I've had my Q9c for three days now and I'm trying to figure out how I got by without it! This is a great phone!

So far I've had incredible battery life but that's to be expected with the included extended battery. Primarily I use my Q9c for internet surfing, e-mail, instant messaging, and Sprint TV.
  17. tbhausen

tbhausen New Member

I don't make love to it, but I do sleep with my Q9c face-down under my other pillow. That way my cats can't walk on it and scratch the screen. ;) And I can watch Slingbox, listen to Sirius, or text people when I can't sleep. Oh did I mention that my Comcast, gmail, and two companies' e-mails are direct-pushed through my Exchange server, too? Now if I'd only quit getting spammed by designer clothes, fake Rolex, and penis pill pushers (maybe someone's trying to tell me something... nah!).

Todd/Indy