Motorola Q9c Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by danwo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. danwo

danwo New Member

Motorola Q9c Owners Thread!

If you have one, got your hands on one for a bit, or you're just considering getting one, this is the place to hear all about it. Let's hear it people!

I for one played with this phone for a bit and thought it was pretty solid, just a few gripes: No MMS, simply unecessary and not cool Sprint. 1.3mp camera, dude, where's the 2.0mp? That's pretty much it. Everything else is simply awesome. The QWERTYboard- amazing. The performance was definitely better than the Q, no marvel though. And of course with some good ol' fashioned hacking the possibilities are pretty much endless.

And apparently people are really upset about- get this- an extended battery, of all things. Just get a new one.<_<
  2. dabluprint173

dabluprint173 New Member

ive had mines since saturday and i cant put the damn thing down..its becoming addicting and once i get a few hacks in it might become cooked coke for sure lol i dont have any complaints about it. motorola at least in my opinion stepped up big time from the previous one. sprint just messed up by not adding the MMS..the keyboard is def what the previous Q needed. the phone for me is 8.5/10
  3. Boe

Boe New Member

Well I am a soon-to-be owner, should be receiving mine on the 28th. Let me tell you, I AM SO EXCITED. :laugh2:
  4. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

I just picked on up via telesales for $150...I'm pretty pumped. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing come Tue or Wed.

I am also really looking forward to identifying a regular battery and cover! Has this been tracked down yet?
  5. BIGD

BIGD New Member

I think that the door from any q9 will fit
  6. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

Oh Ok, that is actually good to know - but I hope that the sprint version comes out. I'd hate to have to have a Verizon logo on the back, and a Sprint on the front!
  7. BIGD

BIGD New Member

yeah me too but u could erase the logo ;)
  8. Boe

Boe New Member

STANDARD BATTERY:
    BT60 (Same battery for the original Q

STANDARD BATTERY DOOR
    Only the Q9c and Q9m doors are identical.

I got mine from Ebay and it says that it's an OEM from Motorola so it should not have the Verizon brand on it.

To the door for $9.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140183195109
  9. Boe

Boe New Member

Q9c fans,

I would like to announce that I am now a proud owner. :laugh2:
    God bless UPS, got it tonight around 7:10.
  10. BIGD

BIGD New Member

Enjoy ur Q bro :)
  11. us3rX

us3rX New Member

got mine yesterday and damn i love it, only thing i see missing is pocket msn or am i blind? either way i enjoy this one alot better then the normal moto q

~us3rX
    *Posting from the q 9c =D
  12. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

"pocket msn" meaning the msn messenger? if so, then you can install the IM client that's already on the phone (Start --> Instant Messaging). it will install the OZ client which you can use to log in to AIM, MSN, and Yahoo messengers.
  13. us3rX

us3rX New Member

Well i think i need it for my email? Everytime i try to set up my hotmail email on the phone, it redirects me to windowsmobile.com/emailsetup/live then i read on there if the phone doesnt already have it on it, that i would have to buy it =s I know i can check it via internet browser, but i shouldnt have to do it that way. Thanks for the heads up on the IM part.

~us3rX
  14. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

ok, i see what you mean now. you are correct pocket msn is not on the q9c (or i can not find it either). the solution i can think of off the top of my head is to set up another email account that does do pop3 and with automatic settings:
    Yahoo.com
    Gmail.com
    Comcast.net
    AOL.com
    AIM.com
    Sbcglobal.net

Go here and scroll down to Setting Up Email With Automatic Settings to set it up:
    http://www.motorola.com/Hellomoto/M...Static Files/US-EN/SettingUpEmail_Q9c.html#4B

Then, in your hotmail account, have it setup to automatically forward to that account. i believe that will work.
  15. danwo

danwo New Member

Seriously, this device is habit forming. I can't put the freaking thing down!
  16. BIGD

BIGD New Member

At least (I think so) u dont sleep with it :) :) :)
  17. danwo

danwo New Member

Pssh! Of course not. :whistling Really though, it's very good. Then again, anything is good when your previous phone was the i275.
  18. BIGD

BIGD New Member

trust me Q9C is much better that Q so u made really good choice:)
  19. Breeze Loo

Breeze Loo New Member

moto i275? at least that had a camera.
    here's changeover:
    Previous:
    Nokia 6100
    Cingular $29.99/mo - 250min anytime, 5000 night/weekend starting at 9pm (and that's it, no text, no data, no nothin')

Now:
    Moto Q9c!
    Sprint $30 - 500min anytime, unlimited night/weekend starting at 7pm(!), unlimited text, unlimited data(!).

It's the equivalent of a rags-to-riches story :2cool:
  20. danwo

danwo New Member

Yea it is! :2cool: