Motorola Q9C End Call Issue -Vote

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by adma, May 2, 2008.

?

Does your phone experience problems when trying to END calls?

1. This happens to me frequently.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. This happens on occasion

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. I know the solution and will post below :-)

19 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. Munan

Munan New Member

I think I'm 2 in 10 then. :)
  2. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

The poll still overstates the situation, at least for me. I have NEVER had this problem in any regular phonecall. It only happens to me for *2 customer service calls, and let's face it... I don't call Sprint unless I absolutely, absolutely need to. :)
  3. Munan

Munan New Member

Which is fair, of course, I have been unable to replicate this at all. So it's not a consistent thing. Which by no means makes your issue less annoying, just more confusing.
  4. adma

adma New Member

wow, so if you dial *2 and wait 30 seconds, the phone app doesn't disappear? That's incredible! When did you get your phone?
  5. Munan

Munan New Member

March of this year. It was a replacement for my MotoQ which was, by far, the largest steamy pile of crap I had ever used. I mean, it worked well for about four hours a day. The rest of the time it was just a paperweight.
    Maybe the newer phones don't have this problem. I know a lot of people are seeing the issue, which makes me think I am the exception here.
  6. adma

adma New Member

wanna trade?
  7. Munan

Munan New Member

Hmmm... Well maybe, but only if you.. eh.. no. :)
  8. adma

adma New Member

haha...fortunately, I fit in the category of, happens occasionally. I don't really have any other issues with the phone besides dust...so I will keep mine :-P
  9. Munan

Munan New Member

Dust. God, yes! That's one thing about mine I hate..... And I have never been able to figure out where the hell it's all coming from. :)
  10. adma

adma New Member

11. coppertop24

coppertop24 New Member

I have this issue occasionally. I also have an issue to where for a while after hanging up a call, i can not use any data apps. I get an error saying data call can not be placed during a voice call. I normally have to reset the phone,but even that doesn't always fix the problem. :angry:
  12. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

***UPDATE***so yeah i was online with sprint advanced tech support and he looked through this actual thread on his end, and the asshat that said a master reset fixed it (but only sometimes), was the only thing he said that could fix this issue. Otherwise, without saying it, he didn't know what to do.

I am hoping the wm 6.1 can fix this issue, because he said he has worked with other WM6 phones and they have not had this issue....so maybe we should check MOTOROLA forums....
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

actually, the motorola forum for the Q (listed in my profile) has been rather quiet on that issue...
  14. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

hey, fu*kers.....I love this phone and it is the best investment i have ever made electronic wise....

But my post speaks clearly....and for those of you whom are subscribing to this from ages ago, you will be disappointed. They have no solution....see my previous post
  15. Munan

Munan New Member

I've been saying this since day one.
    I work at Microsoft and pretty although I don't work for the mobile division directly, I do work with them. If this was a Windows Mobile issues, we'd see it across every phone and we don't.
    We don't even see it on every Q9C. I've always believed it to be a Motorola issue.
  16. ian13550

ian13550 New Member

I have a friend who has a brand-new HTC Mogul that reports the same problems as people here with the Q9c. Both run WinMo 6.0.

I've notice my issues are worse when using my Bluetooth headset.

Master Resets did not solve the issue. I just received a new (not refurbished) Q9c from Sprint last week-- I'm using the default device (no hacks) with Google Maps and I still have the End Call issue as well as the phone suddenly deciding Contacts no longer have a valid phone number.

Just my $0.02.