Motorola Q9 for Sprint

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by SprintBoiler, Jul 12, 2007.

1. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

Motorola Q9 for Sprint

There seems to be a great deal of excitement for this phone, and I can say I'm excited to test out the product once it's released.

Most of the discussions seem to center around its release for GSM via AT&T, and CDMA via Verizon.

Has there been any word, thoughts, or opinions on if this thing is going to be available for sprint? I would think that it would be released on CDMA first at Verizon, then Sprint. Verizon seems to be good at getting first dibs on Moto products. Do we think it will be another 6 months after the Verizon release that Sprint sees this product, in a similar manor to how Moto released the original Q?
  2. robwpolk

robwpolk New Member

motorola q9 release for verizon!

My local store manager swears he will have one in my hands and activated this Wednesday the 25th of July!
  3. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

First off it would be the Q9M at best and so far neither the Q9 or Q9M have been FCC approved and even if the internals are exact as the original Q wouldn't it need a new FCC ID? That combined with little to no fan fare makes me say not likely.
  4. SprintBoiler

SprintBoiler New Member

There have been a few updated articles referencing Sprint Q9. Nothing for sure of course, but the info sync world web site seems to claim to have attended the Sprint Technology Summit, and they saw the q9 there. Of course, the pictures that this link shows are of the GSM Q9h, but they also state sprint wouldn't let them take pictures at the event.I wonder if what they are saying about sprint being on deck for the Q9 is true? It would be great to not have to wait 6 months after VW launch for this device again! Anyway, thought this was interesting, as I have not seen anything even in terms of a mention about Sprint getting the device (outside of these forums).

The following was posted at
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/8197.html

"When will they be available?

The only one we know about for sure is the Motorola RAZR 2, for which Sprint has already announced an August 24 ship date. Inquiries about all the other phones were met with a standard "by the end of the year" response. We're guessing the Q9 could be available any day now, since the phone has been widely publicized by Motorola and shown repeatedly. The LG Rumor and the Palm Centro would fit nicely into a "Back to School" type of promotion, so our best guess would be late September or early October. The HTC Touch we saw clearly needed some tweaking, so we're betting that's a later entry than the others."