Motorola Q11 Photo

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by chris, Oct 8, 2008.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Motorola Q11 Photo

Here's the official press shot.

[​IMG]
  2. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Hmm..looks like a suped up version of the q9c.

Doesnt look like a totaly new phone :p
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Size comparisons to Moto Q9h and the iPhone (for size reference).

[​IMG]
  4. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

What carriers are getting this first?

and next question is the Napolean a Q11 variant for Verizon?
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Crap, i ran over my C, got to trade it in. it has a GPS thing on screen.
  6. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

that's the thing...are we talking full-blown GPS or crappy a-GPS?
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

There is nothing about this phone that makes me want it. Sure there is Wi-Fi, but from what I've read there is no 3G. That's a deal killer...not to mention that there are no significant upgrades to ram or processor.
  8. bpatt

bpatt New Member

Can't wait for this - need it want it (original silver Q still in the ring, bloody and I don't want to cut the eyes, but I might have to). :laugh2:

Here's hoping Verizon is the carrier.
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

actually, if you're talking the full blown GPS like the Q9h and the "crappy" aGPS that the Q9c uses, the aGPS actually works better and faster. assisted means assisted. the phone still has a GPS receiver, but the assist just helps it find a location fix faster.
  10. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no one is even sure if this is coming to the US
    if so i think its a gsm phone so att would get it

dont think its a quad band phone (cdma & gsm)
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hey they moved the numeric keys around.. i have not yet decided if i like it :}
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont plan on getting this should it decide to come to the US and some how make it to VZW

i AM hoping for the nepolean:laugh2:
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

neither am i.... still very satisfied with the c..
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

RB, how different are the keys from the Q9c?? Every key is different from the original model...I haven't seen the key set up for the 9c in a while...
  15. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

wow.. what's wrong with the full GPS on the Q9H? I don't own one so I don't know. All I know is that the way Verizon's aGPS works, if you aren't within cell range then you can't use the GPS.
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

The keys are similar, except for some new dedicated program keys on the bottom and the shift of the numeric keys to the right.

Comparison:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I like the number shift, but the lack of 3G and the weird bottom curve don't sit well with me.
  17. sherri

sherri Active Member

Every key is different than the original Q, and from each other! QWERTY is there, but the symbols on every key is completely different.
  18. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's the same way on the Q9h. Unless you have an app like Garmin or copilot or GPSvp that includes maps. all the assist in the Q9c does is provide the ephemeris data (which sattelites are visible at the time) and fill in any fragmentary data.
  19. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

It's probably Moto's attempt to better the efficiency of typing on it by looking at the most used symbols and the most used thumb gestures of it's past models.
  20. Phiiilly

Phiiilly New Member

I was just thinking that, my sausage fingers wouldn't work well, I already have to be patient with my fingers with the Q9c. Why do they keep getting smaller, are we decreasing in size as human beings. I think china think's were small like them. JS.

:whistling Nothing racist, don't go there.