Motorola Q & Lotus Organizer

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by bdesonne, Feb 22, 2007.

1. bdesonne

bdesonne New Member

Motorola Q & Lotus Organizer

I am considering purchasing an new Motorola Q smartphone, but need to know if I will be able to sync with Lotus Organizer. I know it will require third party software and I think PDAsync is what is needed, but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks.
  2. screemer

screemer New Member

Absolutely

Yes it will. I had the same problem. I considered and bought a Q but I do not use Outlook or any MS stuff if I can avoid it. (I use Lotus Organizer and Eudora.)
    You will, however, have to use MS ActiveSync to sync your phone with your computer first, just make sure Outlook is not installed or it will want you to sync using that. Without Outlook, it will only sync "favorites" and "media". But, though it will tell you otherwise, you can then see your Q in XP Windows Explorer and copy/play music to/with it without going through MS Media Player. (I had to make sure the USB to PC setting on my Q was set to unchecked as well.)
    Then get a copy of PDASync. This will allow you to sync Lotus Organizer with "Smartphone 5.0", at least that setting worked for me with Windows Mobile 5.0 on my Q. Note that ActiveSync will need to be running for PDASync to work.
    You will then be able to sync your contacts. I've found that, due to various other phone/application syncs, my contacts are a mess so I'm currently cleaning them up. But I've tested from my new Q and it works fine, syncing changes from one or the other perfectly including detailed field mapping options. I'll try tasks and calendar next.

Enjoy
  3. 6200man

6200man New Member

Sync w Lotus Organizer

Hey screemer or bdesonne,

I want to sync Lotus Organizer and MS Access with any cellphone. I understand that you have tried a LO sync with the Q. I don't care about contacts, but am only interested in a tasks and calender sync with LO. Does this work?

Thanks a bunch!!! :dft010:big_smile