Motorola Q Hacks

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by tj!2k6, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pony99CA

Pony99CA Active Member

Using the Q

The registry key is HKLM\Ident and the value is Name.

However, I don't think it will do what you want for a few reasons.

First, I just synchronized an older Pocket PC. I had changed the name to SHM_WayPoint_100 but didn't do a soft reset. When I synced, I got the default WM_Steve user name, but doing a soft reset and syncing again worked and didn't ask to create a new partnership.

Now that was a WM 2003 device, not WM 5, but I think ActiveSync really pays attention to the <ID> value you listed above, not the user name.

Second, even if changing the name worked, that would only affect the ActiveSync partnership; it wouldn't affect any other user settings and preferences. That may be just what you want, but you talked about losing ALL of the personal settings, not just the ActiveSync partnership.

What I'd do is buy Sprite backup, back the device up before the Master Reset, then restore the user data you wanted after the Master Reset. That should restore all of the settings correctly and should also preserve the E-mail.

In fact, you might not even need to do the Master Reset at all if you're not worried about the other users seeing each others' data. Just have each user restore their own backup.

Steve
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

*clean house*

ok fellow EQ members, i have "cleaned" up this thread (deleted +500 posts, went from 60+ pages to 11 pages)

i also closed/locked the thread to prevent "clutter", if you have questions and/or remarks about something in this thread, post it elsewhere (link back to the post if necessary) the mod squad will see it and respond accordingly.

thanks.
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

&quot;Charge Complete&quot; hack.

if you want to get rid of the "Charge Complete" notification read these 2 posts/threads:as always: make sure you have backups and make sure you know what you are doing.
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Call Timeout Hack

see this post from Lucky13MN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.