Motorola Q flashed to cricket internet fix!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by reh381, Jan 19, 2009.

1. civil

civil New Member

Hmm, are you saying you cannot connect to the internet at all, even after reentering the password multiple times, or just that it is inconvenient to have to do so?

Entering my own favorites, whether on the device or from the desktop pc, works just fine for me. I do not use the included favorites. I imported a ton of mobile site favorites from a site, as mobile sites are much easier to navigate, even though cricket offers a regular internet screen.
    For a real neat experience, try the free skyfire browser, it is the only reasonable way to look at real internet pages on the Q.

One more thing, the Q is supposed to be able to handle switching between Evdo and 1X modes automatically, but sometimes I find it helpful to force the modes myself, for better internet and MMS switching (mainly on my old Q that had to be returned, my replacement Q works better, even though it is the same model). Search recent discussions for this, last 3 pages or so I believe.
  2. Malcolmry

Malcolmry New Member

Can you tell my why everyone keeps saying that it should say Cricket_WAp as well when I can only choose between a secure WAP and non-secure WAP...am I missing something there!?
  3. Malcolmry

Malcolmry New Member

No, everytime I try to connect to the internet it says "incorrect settings" so, I go back to my proxy settings and surprise, surprise...the password is back at the original one...I think as soon as I press done on the proxy edit page, the password goes back to the origiinal one. I have entered in "cricket" many, many times...hoping that this time it will stay saved...how come all the other information will stay changed, except for that...driving me crazy!
  4. civil

civil New Member

I have reflashed my old Q before. It originally had the Cricket Wap, then lost it, then regained it again. No idea how it happened, but it did not appear to affect the behavior of the phone. My replacement Q has it, and I am praying I do not have to reflash it, because it is a painful process.
  5. civil

civil New Member

While reentering the password for internet is what I have to do normally, it does not complain of incorrect settings, it just asks to enter the password each time, no other complains.

It sounds like in your case it maybe time to go for some pain. Take a look at this thread: http://www.everythingwm.com/forum/motorola-q/how-to-get-your-q-to-work-with-cricket-34006.html.

If you paid money to have your phone flashed for you, I would strongly suggest having that person honor whatever warranty he has, as the above link is a rather painful process. If you did it yourself, then it is familiar ground.

My Q is currently complaining of a problem with the sender when I try to MMS. Since MMS is not critical for me, I am putting off trying to fix it, as I spent many, many hours on that in the recent past, not in the mood for that again.
  6. link433

link433 New Member

There's always the possibility of reflashing your phone... might make it work...

get the Motorola Software Update tool (ton's of posts about it, just google it), turn your phone off, and hold down the A return and center (sliver button) connect to your computer, and reinstall the software, then follow the guides to put cricket back on...

it's really not that hard, and once you do it once or twice, it's almost second nature!
  7. civil

civil New Member

I am assuming you mean the update is not hard (it should be noted that updating will wipe the cricket flashing and necesary registry tweaks).
    The reflashing, something I have done more than 10 times on the same phone, is a nightmare, in the sense of troubleshooting why the reflashing did not fix the problem, then having to research the howard forums and other sites yet again to see what I might have missed.

I could easily reflash someone else's Q now, maybe 5-10 minutes for the whole process, but I would not be willing to fight with it to find out why the reflashing did not fix every last thing the first time. That can take forever, especially if it involves tweaking the registry (for MMS at least it does, as well as the password issue, plus speed and authentication issues).
  8. link433

link433 New Member

9. Manic Kaval

Manic Kaval New Member

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forums and I just looked over this one, I was able to set up the user name and domain on my q9m flashed for cricket, but even when the page loads it shows nothing??? I dont know if it's my plan or not, but I've been trying to figure this out since I got the phone hooked up last week. Username and password are okay now, but I need to know how to get the internet to work because its simply a blank slate.
  10. civil

civil New Member

Well, you do have to have an internet plan, the 50 bucks one I believe, if you are not sure call Cricket. I was paying the same price as the internet plan, but did not have it activated as they had me under a previous plan.
    Beyond that just carefully follow the above links and the links they contain, and download a prl file for your area.

Good luck.
  11. NemesisEliteEdCDXX

NemesisEliteEdCDXX New Member

RE: Motorola Q flashed to cricket internet fix!

Does any1 know if you can get the Q to find wireless networks and use them w/o having any legit service??? Also, does flashing it erase any data you might have had saved on the memory, contacts and such??? Or regarding getting a net connection with it w/o service could you get it to use a signal from a PC via a USB cable after you've synced it???
  12. luselrios

luselrios New Member

Thanks for the advice,

I ahve tried everything you mantion, with no luck, my phone doesn't let me change the password for some reason, i type cricket, and it goes back to more digits I can't see what it is all it show is stars. also what are the other settings, like Wan network, wecure Wan network, or Http. thank you any help will be appriciated.

13. ShadowTech

ShadowTech New Member

Moto Q9M Wap

hello, I'm the cricket technician for FlashMyPhones.Com and about the 9m wap settings... There is a way to get everything working for the 9m...

Here is that bad part...

You have to go back to the 9c firmware (the crap one :tounge:) in order to get all of that working. We haven't found a way other than that to get mms working on the 9m, I'm still looking in to it. You can visit our sponsors site to help out with the project. Their url is FixOneFree.Com

We will be updating this issue there, and with www.flashmyphones.com

Thanks everyone for your help and feedback
  14. civil

civil New Member

Thanks. What about earlier Qs? Mine is the black one, I am told probably one of the original ones. MMS rarely if ever works, but everything else works (including internet and regular texting), so I am just patiently waiting for a solution, meanwhile using the rest of the phone.
  15. ShadowTech

ShadowTech New Member

Moto Q9 Wap & MMS

There is a Moto Q that works with pix, talk, text, and wap. You can view the phone via the link below

http://onlinestore.ecomcarthosting.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ID=MotoQ

I have one for sale right now already fully flashed. It's the last one, check it out. I believe the exact model number is just simply MotoQ. I'm going to add a 128MB memory card with this phone, and it has a lot of extra's
  16. ShadowTech

ShadowTech New Member

Q9M MMS W/ Cricket Fully Working!

Hey you know I got to playing around with the settings and I've found a solution to the problem. You will have to setup everything a little different using a registry editor. You can get that from www.fixonefree.com with full instructions on how to get MMS working on the Q9M. No firmware update or anything complicated like that. You can see the solution at FixOneFree Technical Support
  17. civil

civil New Member

I tried that just for fun, it did nothing on my Q, and it is quite different from the information I got from the Howard forums, and from the programming my phone came with from the vendor. That setting used to work sometimes with a previous Q at least.

The only thing that makes MMS work on my phone, is forcing CDMA mode only via the Field test menu. But since that affects internet, I tend to avoid it.
  18. ShadowTech

ShadowTech New Member

19. Dunbars5

Dunbars5 New Member

Importing a number to Cricket on a Verizon Flashed Moto Q

Came across this thread and thought that maybe someone could help. I talk/text flashed a Verizon Moto Q to Cricket and used it for a while a little over a year ago. Now I'm switching back to Cricket and porting my # from T-Mobile. Got the phone activated and the temp number they gave me worked fine, but when they tried to import the number I started getting the message(s) "We're sorry, your phone is not authorized for use at this time, please try your call again later. Message 36 MCI." or "Welcome to the American roaming network to make a collect call press 1...." Whenever someone calls the get the message "We're sorry, the number you have dialed is not valid. Please check the number and try again. Message 33 MCI." Checked the MDN and its the correct phone # Anyone else have a similar problem? Do I need to get the flashing tools again (have a different comp now) and make some modifications, or is an error on their end? Thanks in advance.
  20. uatu zwatcher

uatu zwatcher New Member

I to am having a problem that i begin to suspect is cricket intentional.
    for almost a year i had a Motorola Q0m fully flashed to cricket and registered with them as a cricket EZ that worked great, then last winter i had to contact customer service about a billing issue and during the call the agent asked me what my phone model was. not knowing about the fact the store had registered it as an EZ i told him a motorola Q9m at which point the agent got huffy and "advised" me that my plan didn't need to remain with the 45.00 one featuring wap and mms because "you phone WILL NOT be able to use wap or mms" not may not, not we can't guarantee, but WILL NOT. well i told him that it has worked flawlessly and please just put my plan back to what i had it as (the 45.00 plan)
    within 23 hours i began experiencing "the remote party has disconnected" and "unable to connect to network" errors
    unfortunately mr picard, the guy who flashed it before was now a guest of the state for a non cellular related crime.
    so i had to take my phone to another store where they re-flashed it and registered it as an Kyocera Zio M6000 at which point it worked like a dream until a couple months ago when i dropped it in a bucket of paint at work.
    so i purchased a brand new moto Q9m already flashed, did the esn change and it worked great until i today when i started having wap/mms login failed issues
    every time i put the password is says login failed and asks again.
    it is my belief that cricket is deliberately disrupting service to flashed phone customers in order to get them to buy cricket (worst phones ever made) phones