Motorola Q Flash Mode Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP ERROR

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by balesna, Aug 6, 2007.

1. balesna

balesna New Member

Motorola Q Flash Mode Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP ERROR

Motorola Q Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version: Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP
    Please Connect the USB Cable

is actually what it reads and I cannot turn it off.

When I plug in the USB cable it then reads:

Motorola Q Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP
    USB Cable Connected

When I plug it into the wall charger it reads:

Motorola Q Flash Mode
    Bootloader Version: BOOT_C_03.08.00R_MPAP
    Charger Connected
    Please Connect the USB Cable

It was working fine when I grabbed it off the wall charger yesterday morning. Plugged it into my car charger on the way to work. It had a black screen and pushing the down arrow usually would get me to a lighted screen normally.

This time no go. I unplugged it from the charger and got the msg at the top of this thread. I've tried pressing on and off, taking the battery out and putting it back in, attempted to download the newest software update that said my software already had the latest version (though I don't know how it could know since autosync is not functioning now). I'm stumped and by what I've read in other posts ready to return this to store ASAP.

By luck I have not changed over my number from my old Verizon Samsung i-700 Pocket PC Version 3 and my VOIP number forwards to both numbers. The old Samsung has been literally bullet proof with 2 generations old technology, but reliable since I got a replacement for cracking the screen of my original purchase. NO ISSUES EVER SINCE!! 1-2 months and a crash like this IS NOT acceptable for business use of my phone. I cannnot risk having a phone go down with all my data like this and VERY LUCKY I did not change the number and phones completely yet. Any other fix tips before I scratch this Moto Q? All advice appreciated!:frown:
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

long story short...you are SOL...bring it back to the carrier and get a new one
  3. igotaq

igotaq New Member

You can fix it if you are w/ verizon.

edit: sounds like you have verizon.

Go to www.motorola.com/update and download and install the Motorola Software Update tool. Update your phone while its in flash/bootloader mode.
  4. balesna

balesna New Member

Your reply appreciated

Not wanted to hear, but what it is, is what it is. Thank you for your timely reply.
  5. balesna

balesna New Member

No such luck

Actually with Sprint, so I'm toast.
  6. igotaq

igotaq New Member

:( yea..
    If you plan on getting a new one.. make sure you do the update first. (For Sprint)
  7. JBDR04

JBDR04 New Member

i have some problem in my phone i dont know what happent but appears in the phone sometihing diferent like letters black and white and i want know whats the matters.....:frown:
  8. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

can yo be a little more specific... what does it say? does it give any error msgs? Does it call you names?