Motorola Q faceplates?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by r3tro, Aug 16, 2006.

1. r3tro

r3tro New Member

Motorola Q faceplates?

hey guys i got the sample blk version of the q but the paint just cracks off so i want a whole new casing. Does anyone know where to get it at? i checked ebay, but they're all protection cases.
  2. TheBigMotherFook

TheBigMotherFook New Member

I don't think you can switch the face plate on the Q. In all honesty, does anyone know of a current motorola phone that you can?
  3. quebert

quebert New Member

I would think (and hope) some company makes 3rd party Q housings. I see tons for the Razr, and since the Q is the new hot phone, it should only be a matter of time.

I'd LOVE to get an all black housing replacement for my Q. I think it's more a matter of when, not if, it's bound to happen.
  4. bavarian3

bavarian3 New Member

I read that there was no Black Q produced... I believe there was a thread at qusers or even here where someone was selling one but it was deleted due to being fake...

I agree it would be nice to see different face plates for the Q but I want to say that it might not happen... reason is (for me at least) the last thing I want to do is open up my Q case and mess with it..

Another option is to perhaps get some custom cut vinyl but then again it wouldn't have the fit and finish to a real face plate..
  5. quebert

quebert New Member

that's why I was waiting on a 3rd party one, somebody will make it. Heck I saw black/blue housings for E815, which is a much less popular phone. generally custom casing mods aren't for the weak of heart, as they kill your warrentee, but I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  6. r3tro

r3tro New Member

there is a black q, its the sample/test version. I have it, because my uncle works for the company.
  7. kertsman

kertsman New Member

Okay, well if your Q is a sampe/test version then chances are you won't be able to get faceplate replacements for it, yet, since it was probably made in limited supply. I know there is a website that is sell the silver faceplate, so it may only be a matter of time before the black one becomes available.

BTW, the silver one offered on the website is OEM not third-party.
  8. JJRam

JJRam New Member

So what is that web site url for the silver case?