Motorola Flash Mode

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by jtivat, Dec 8, 2008.

1. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

That is the ROM file to flash onto your Q...search moster flash files
  2. boomerlazo

boomerlazo New Member

thanks. however i can't find the sprint Q monster file
    i have the original black Q
  3. babell2

babell2 New Member

flash immage

look at the post from puggurl the two immages should be in the same spot. Mine was spt_Q2_c_01.13.00I_01.0D.00R_monster_01.sbf If you do a monster search you should find it. configure code to get in to the phone are now ##000000# reset the phone number then put in the msid and code for name "email address from sprint" ##3282# and AAA setting to k96wua
  4. boomerlazo

boomerlazo New Member

found the file now i can't enumarate

thanks guys i found the file.
    however, i can't get it to work just yet. i get to 100% executed and past the flash mode screen but then it fails.
    the error on RSD says
    "Failed flashing process. Phone [0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM downloader was sent. (0x703E): phone disconnected"

on the phone i get to
    "inittializing the AP"
    "initializing the BP"
    and that is all and it does not turn off.

HELP
  5. puggurl

puggurl New Member

I saw in my extensive search that someone else had that same "re-enumerate" error when they tried to flash their phone, but I don't remember what the solution for it was. I'll look around and see if I can find that post and direct you to it.
  6. puggurl

puggurl New Member

Are you POSITIVE that your battery is fully charged? If your are getting the "Phone Disconnected" message, it's a pretty good sign that you aren't fully charged. Does the screen go blank after a period of time? During the flash process, your screen should stay lit up the entire time until the program automatically shuts it down. Try recharging the battery. I know when i tried to flash my phone without a full battery, I got the same message.
  7. boomerlazo

boomerlazo New Member

thanks i would appreacite the help on the search. i looked but nothing came up.

i am positive about the battery being fully charged. i must of tried the process like 10 times. and the battery never failed. in fact it would stay on that screen until i would just pull the battery out. at one time i left it there for 5 mins. it never shut down or restart it self.
    i actually used the battery from my friends Q. since mine would shut off.
    my friend has the larger battery.

on another note should i do the flashing with the ODB serial box checked or unchecked. i tried both ways neither work but for future retries.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. GREATLY APPRECIATED
  8. puggurl

puggurl New Member

I googled the "RAM downloader" problem and found a site where someone had a similar error message. The suggestion was to "download the drivers" again. There was a link supplied for Drivers that are used with Motorola Phone Tools, RSD Lite and other programs. The link is http://www.motorolafans.com/forums/local_links.php?catid=2. The Program is called USBDRIVERS v.2.9.0. You might check that out.
    Also, are you connecting your USB through the hub on your computer or through the direct USB ports on the back? I have read some posts where they say to connect the USB through the back ports, not the ones on the front. I don't know if that would make a difference or not, but you can give it a shot.
    I hope this helps. I know the pain of being Q-less.
  9. puggurl

puggurl New Member

Actually EVERY program on the link that I gave you is for Motorola phones. The Motorola EU Driver Installation looks very familiar to me. I think I downloaded that when I was customizing my RAZR. You might try that first.
  10. boomerlazo

boomerlazo New Member

its official

i finally got it to work.
    however. i had to cheat.
    i stilled the usb driver but it still would not restart.
    so then i tried a different approach.
    i installed the verizon monster file. it worked looked just like a verizon phone.
    then i a reflashed it with the sprint file.
    and peachy.
    i was a happy cheap man

thanks everyone for helping me save $55, goes along way in these times

i really appreciate every ones help.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
  11. jesse10

jesse10 New Member

I'm having that same problem where the flash fails and the screen of the q is left saying initializing the BP..i tried boomers approach by flashing with the verizon pack and it still fails on the same step any more suggestions?
  12. boomerlazo

boomerlazo New Member

jessee10
    if i still remember correctly i think you need to install the usb drivers on your computer first and make sure your battery is fully charged. charge it in another phone or a special charger.
    it does take about 10-15 mins. so don't interrupt it.
    best of luck
  13. link433

link433 New Member

Do not use RSD lite to flash a monster pack to a Q... 98% of the time it will fail at 94%... re-numerating...

Go to the motorola website and download the Motorola Software Updater... get the version that's for your carrier (cricKet people, you probably have a Verizon phone).

the MSU will work 100% of the time. Plus you don't have to waste your time, and battery, on a bad flash. It's very hard to build a home made charger...