Motorola CDMA General 5.1.6 Please help!

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ReViZeD, Mar 10, 2010.

1. ReViZeD

ReViZeD New Member

Motorola CDMA General 5.1.6 Please help!

my girl just got a verizon Motorola q - model MOTOQ and i tried to take it to 5 different metropcs locations(im in california) and they dont know what they are doing, they say "we cant flash it unless it is on our list" i looked online and found a video tutorial on "How to flash Verizon Motorola Q to Alltel, Cricket, or Metro PCS" the first section few seconds show the Motorola CDMA General 5.1.6 application in action and starts off with installing Motorola CDMA General 5.1.6 and says the application is avail from the members section of motorola so i look everywhere and sure enough nothing, i called motorola and they say that they have never heard of the program and they are not allowed to tell me anything except that by law they contract the phone with verzion and any help to flash it over to another company is illegal, i said i understand and thanked the lady, then she said and that all i need to do is call around to find someone local to do it for me.( at least they could tell me that .lol) could i do it my self with this CDMA app, since i have a htc toouch pro i was gonna switch from spirint since my friend that lives with me has had metro and the service works fine if not better than sprint. i could flash the htc as well, we paid $50 to metro to flash over her motorola vE20 like 6months ago and they said it may or may not work. and it does

thanks for any advice
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

What you need to do is look for a monster file for a metroPCS Q and use a program called RSD lite to flash it. The Touch Pro should be easier all you need is a metroPCS ROM and it does the flashing for you. I'll look around tonight when I get home from work if you don't find anything before then. Good Luck!
  3. ReViZeD

ReViZeD New Member

thank you for all your help i will be waiting to hear from you, until then this is the lastet on my end.
    Ok, after hours of searching for a CDMA general without getting a million virus`s upon install/download lol. i got it from an indian site from rapdishare or something like that, and i followed the tut (it was like the easiest thing to do) and then i dail *288 and mertro says that phone is not in their database, so i searched for a few more hours and a n00b says flashing a phone is completely seperate from adding a esn.etc to the metropcs database. and low and behold i find that the only "legal" way is to to such a thing is to use HoudiniSoft and only phones on their Approved Device List will work , well my htc touch pro is on the list although the Q is not, so i figure its a lost cause for that phone until i find a ebay listing (which is where she got her Q to start this off with) and a listing says "Brand New Metro PCS Motorola Q Flashed WEB/MMS Box" i sent the seller question basically asking to reveal his secret.lol. so i can get our phone working, i wonder if he will (yah right huh) .......i wounder about WEB/MMS Box, if that the information i need to start looking for now?
    well....until our next post my friends
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

hmm, if it's the ESN that's the issue maybe you could get someone at MetroPCS to add it to their database,
  5. ReViZeD

ReViZeD New Member

i went there and called all of them ,they don`t know how to do anything for a phone that is not on the HoudiniSoft approved device list. although i see that people are selling the Q on ebay with 99.7 positive feedback it says "Brand New Metro PCS Motorola Q Flashed WEB/MMS Box" well i supose i should start z new thread now since "Motorola CDMA General 5.1.6 Please help!" is no longer an issue.hmm