Motorola Alexander gets pictured: WinMo 6.1, NVIDIA graphics, Q4 release

Discussion in 'Future Motorola Q Smartphones' started by mbrown15, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

2. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

Is it possibly a slider? The way the keyboard is set up makes it seem like one.
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

definitely looks like a slider to me
    it's a neat Idea, but I don't like the way it looks.
  4. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

I hope it's not...

touch screen. I personally don't care how it "looks" per se, but I can't stand touch screens, and if this is one, I won't be into it. Other than that, it looks like it's going to be convenient, small, pocketable, etc which is great!
  5. sherri

sherri Active Member

It says it is a slider, with a full qwerty keyboard. The keyboard looks smaller than that on the original q! 5-8 mega pixel camera? On a phone?? I wonder if the pictures will be as good as my daughters digital camera...
  6. mbrown15

mbrown15 New Member

Wi Fi?

I don't see mention of Wi Fi. I have both a Q9h for work and an iPhone 3g for personal use and I tell you what . . .Wi Fi is a great thing to have in the iPhone and would make the Q9h even beeter than it is with WM 6.1.
  7. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

looks like an htc touch dual..
  8. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

If its a slider, its pretty dumb for a landscape form factor anyway. It makes it look unnecessarily fat. And I hope that screen isn't the same size as the current Q's for that form factor, it'd just look absolutely ridiculous.
  9. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I surely can't be the only one that sees this but what is with Motorola naming phones after famous people? First the Napolean now the Alexander? What's next the Charlamagne, or better yet King George III? :) It looks like an interesting phone, but honestly a sliding phone is not that great. I used to own the Kyocera slider which was a good phone, but started glithing after a couple of months. I took it in and it was the design flaw that required a new phone. Don't get me wrong. Sliders are unique, but they really aren't my ''cup of tea'' anymore.
  10. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

apparently names are popular this year, the HTC touch-pro is apparently going to be called herman for sprint and raphael for verizon, and sprint's also going to call the diamond (verizon's version) victor...
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i am with Paco... i don't like the way it looks.
  12. spork27

spork27 Member

Just make sure you pass on any phone named the 'Custer'.
  13. Technician

Technician New Member

I know with the new music phone they are releasing and slider, a flip and a candy bar version.

Maybe there be different versions for the Alexander too, slider and candy bar style with a Q9 type of keypad???

WiFi would be nice.
  14. jhoff80

jhoff80 New Member

That'll be Palm's eventual new device that runs their new OS ;)
  15. valeriereneep

valeriereneep New Member

I dont like it either. the sliding action is just gonna be a problem tho I do love touch screen. thats one thing i miss from my palm.
  16. sniffs

sniffs New Member

I wonder if they will leave out the indicator light again? Having to turn on the screen and press buttons to check when activity has happened would certainly eat more battery life than a small LED blinking for a set interval letting you know that you need to check your phone..
  17. keitai

keitai New Member

Did Moto fire their design team or something? Its really fugly specially the sliding keypad. I don't really see anything upgrade worthy from Moto's lineup, I'll most likely jump to Bold or iPhone 3g sooner or later, at least both have WIFI goodness. But right now, I'm pretty satisfied with my Q9h. :3
  18. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I'm curious if the Alexander is the future of Motorola's smartphone line or is it merely a branching off into the whole highly-desirable touchscreen market that every phone company seems to be latching onto?

I am inclined to believe otherwise because the new Moto Q for Verizon, as well as the fuzzy shot of this "Ghengis" lead me to believe that the PDA phone isn't going anywhere.

Maybe I'm wrong though, time will tell I guess.
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

although, we haven't heard anything of the genghis since september. the touchscreen smartphone is a neat idea (seems to work well for the treos) and the slider concept is interesting (if touchy). the alexander could work well, but I don't like the aesthetic.
  20. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

personally, I don't like the aesthetic either. On top of that, I have owned several slider phones in the past and I can tell you right now that they do *not* last... anything that flips or slides is eventually going to wear out after use and have to be fixed or replaced. That's one of the reasons why I like the Q... no moving parts, nothing that is gonna break on me in a year... that's just my .02