MotoQ9n & VZ Navigator

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9n' started by Matilda444, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Matilda444

Matilda444 New Member

MotoQ9n & VZ Navigator

How do I get VZ Navigator (or any other "Get-It-Now" application) on my Q9n. I am enrolled in the service, my previous device was a TouchPro.

TIA*
  2. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd Active Member

3. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Yes, then you need to get VZ Navigator for Advanced Devices enabled on your account. This is different than the regular version you download from the BREW / GIN menu.

Be sure to install the VZ Nav before you try GMM or WLS as you can have conclicts if you decide to add the VZNav later.
  4. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

pm me,ive beeen looking for you at hofo.i will guide you further.
  5. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Anybody have any advice on where to download visual voicemail? What is the "get it now" link?
  6. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

OK...I activated VZ navigator on my account, but after i installed the app it says the vznavigator.exe is unsigned, so it won't start. I see alot of stuff on the forum about unlocking GPS - is this necessary even when using VZnavigator and having it active on my account (ie paying $9.99/month)?
  7. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i would just use the unlocked gps over paying for vznav. vznav is very good though. but im cheap.
  8. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

I just didn't want to go through the hassle and risk of unlocking the phone (i'm definitely paranoid about bricking my nap). Is the unsigned error message a common problem or did i download the wrong vznavigator app?

Also, I'm wondering if there is a "get it now" link, since I want to download the application for visual voicemail.
  9. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

VZ Nav is a great product for driving directions. It uses both GPS and aGPS while storing the entire route at the beginning of a trip. Say you want to drive from Fresno CA to Yosemite, going through areas with no coverage. It is the only product that will do it while giving voice and turn-by-turn directions. Also, it gives Yellow Pages phone match lookups.

Otherwise, Windows Live Search is better because it offers all of that (gas prices, movies, lookups, etc.) and it will take voice commands while being free.

Google Maps is another free program, with some cool stuff like satellite views, and latitude so you can see where your friends are, but I would not want to use it while driving a car.
  10. astrocramp

astrocramp New Member

Well for some reason I uninstalled then reinstalled VZNavigator and it worked. I still would like to know how to install the get-it-now stuff - this has the visual voicemail app. I bet it will not work with the nap homescreen though, so it may be worthless...
  11. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Get it Now by Verizon is a Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) developed program which will not run under WinMo. Try Callwave if you want something similar. www.callwave.com
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

Don't know about visual voicemail, but I have Get I Now on my phone...(to dl ringtones/games/songs directly from VZW...)Never used it, but I could...
  13. jhalsey205

jhalsey205 Member

getting a little off topic, but I use to use Callwave and moved to YouMail for voicemail.
  14. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Yes, I was talking about the applications offered by Verizon like VVM being BREW rather than WinMo. The ringtones and music aren't really apps, although they do show up there in the Get It Now® enabled phones.