Moto SURF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaun0207, Jan 8, 2009.

1. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

2. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

The evolution of sliding panels. I like it.
  3. Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took New Member

Now let a landscape keyboard slide out of that ting and I'm so there.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's the Alexander (or Atilla, I can never remember which)
  5. softspirits

softspirits Guest

That one is the Atilla, the Alexander is the same thing with a slide out qwerty. I want the Alexander.
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Me too........
  7. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

me three........
  8. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Me...four? I really like the addition of a trackball. I don't care that it might wear out, it is much faster than using a d-pad.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Up until this month, most of whom who posted above (including myself), had said at some point that there is yet a phone that could replace the Q (the atilla or alexander included). Now it seems most are ready to move on...
  10. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

The Napoleon appears to be that phone....:angry:
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

when there isn't apparently going to be anything to replace it. you kinda have to look for other options. For myself, since android doesn't yet have an option to sync with exchange, the touch pro looks more and more appealing.
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

That's the exact phone I was looking at. Sorry paco, looks like I'm gonna have to stalk you around again. Guess it's the HTC forums this time.

But I have also been looking into a non-smart phone. At the present time, I can't afford the unlimited data plans. So I've been looking at other motorola phones. The Motozine Zn5 caught my eye. CNET says it's the best camera phone out, with a 5megapixel digi cam.

I kinda wanted a slider type with a qwerty keyboard (again non-smart phone) for text messages. Since I got my Q, it's impossible for me to text on a regular keypad.
  13. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I know the feeling. I just hope that google adds exchange support to android, then I may stick with moto, but then I'd have to drop skyfire. And I can't really do that and mod there too
  14. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hopefully moto will keep some of it's lineup to cater to business peeps. That line up will most likely retain exchange support. I miss Skyfire and SlingPlayer the most... I even went as far as to disable my internet button so I wont be tempted to go on skyfire coz I got the pay per use now.
  15. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

I bought Motorola A3100 / Motorola Surf but my Motorola A3100 not support English Language. What can i do? Can i make English Language available in my Motorola A3100? How? Thank you.
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Have you looked in the settings menu? There should be a language selection in there. Maybe Regional Settings or something similar.
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Out of curiosity, which market did you buy it from? I did see that it's available in the Motorola Chinese site.
  18. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn New Member

Your looking at finding and flashing an English ROM.
  19. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

If you can find a software updater from Motorola for A3100, I believe you just have to make sure your Windows OS language setting is set to English. Because that's what determines the language that the Moto Software Update uses. But I highly doubt that Moto already has an update for this phone since it was just released. Check to see Moto site for software updates. Make sure you select the region where the phone is available.
  20. MotoMania

MotoMania New Member

I bought from Ebay Taiwan.