Moto Q9m red/black version vs all black?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by gwhzz35, Nov 21, 2008.

1. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 New Member

Moto Q9m red/black version vs all black?

Sorry if this has been posted, but I have the 'old school' black Q which I love...a bit buggy but eh...I still love it.

I just went to the Verizon store to see the Storm - boo!..not impressed.

I did notice a Q9m that was all black though...did this replace the red/black Q9m? I really liked the interface.

Did all the bugs/slowdowns get fixed with this new version?

Let me know guys....the Verizon dudes are so clueless! :angry:
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

are you sure it was a Q9m...they are supposed to be gone
    the Q9c is all black with a sliver band around the outside
  3. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 New Member

yikes..it is the Q9C!...just checked their website.
    aye..sorry...let me move my question to the Q9C post...thanks!
  4. darkdomino

darkdomino New Member

I was in a verizon store the other day and they had a Motorola Q9M with red accents and everything on display....

but the sign below it said "Motorola Q9c"

When I first bought my Q9c the rep tried to hand me a Q9M and kept insisting that it was identical. I even asked him about VZ Navigator and he wass like "yeah! yeah!" - For once I'm glad I had done my homework.

I just find it hilarious for some reason.
  5. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Why is the staff in most mobile phone stores so unknowledgeable on what they sell? So annoying........
  6. txter

txter New Member

i was in the store once & got into a good argument w/ a sales rep...
    made him look it up online w/ their computer then left the store. he was sorry "for providing false info".
    always do your homework !
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

+1 why i avoid the brick & mortar stores as much as possible :}
  8. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Yup, I does my research online before anything. I even get annoyed when I go in to pay my bill and they literally pounce on you to "assist" you. Dang, I gotta pay my bill today...............
  9. I8qbert

I8qbert Active Member

a little off topic but i was just reading an article about hdtvs and how the stores will play a bluray disc on the more expensive sets but play a standard disc of the same movie on the cheaper sets to make the picture look better...this just shows you where the brick and mortar stores priorities are.
  10. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Wow, how completly dishonest.
  11. Hexx

Hexx New Member

AT&T - I got the Q9h and an IPhone for the Mrs. I knew the Q9h had no wifi but the guy in the store told me it did. I actually had to argue against it....the sign above the phone said Wifi as well. I called the support later and was told at first it had Wifi then that it did not. The phone support told me they would call the store as soon as we hung up to correct things......

Diff story - bought a Samsung LCD from Circuit City - online got the pricing, etc. Went to the local store and pricing was $400 higher and "no free delivery" per the website - the store ended up honoring the web offer (after surfing there while I was at the store). They told me that the web and the local stores operate independently.... sheesh.
  12. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

isnt circuit city the one with the commercial about how there website and store prices are always identical?
  13. Hexx

Hexx New Member

Not sure if there is that commercial.. Can tell you with 100% confidence.... it just aint true. Then again they are going bankrupt.... go figure...

Moral - I like the stores because I can see things in person, etc. I use the web to research and get pricing... then leverage this in the stores... seems like there are frequently "differences"......
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

I also like to see things in person, and I usually like to pay cash. I had gone to the Verizon store back in June to look for the LG ENV2 for my daughter. It was at the time $149.00 with a $50.00 mail in rebate. I was also looking for an upgraded phone for my son (he had one of those "buy one get 3 free deals from when I got my Q). He wanted the Chocolate, so he could have an MP3 player.

I went to the stores computer because the wait was so long, and I figured I could narrow down my search. I logged on to my Verizon account. One of my phones was due for an upgrade. The chocolate (if I bought it online) was FREE. The EnV2 was $99.00 (since the rebate was instant - no mail in needed...)

I called the store manager over, and he said he could not honor that deal, as it was on-line only. Moron lost out on 2 sales commissions!

Went home, got the EnV2 and the Chocolate. (Since it wasn't his number up for the upgrade, I put it on my daughters number, and did an equipment switch when phone got here.) $99.00 for both, plus they threw in the Verizon Music Essentials kit...
  15. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Yeah, my first phone on Verizon was a Lg VX8100 and that was over $300 (I bought that over the phone via CSR). The phone I have now (Q9m, which I bought online) was about $150 less than the VX8100, and that includes the case I bought with it..and the Q has a billion more features than the Lg!
  16. sherri

sherri Active Member

Not to get too political or anything, but if people want to hold onto their jobs (such as at brick and mortar stores...) they should at least TRY to help and/or please their customers!

By buying my phones on-line, it can be done from anywhere. No need to employ a salesgirl at the Verizon store to tell me "OH! We can't compete with the on-line price..."

Well, DUH! You should! You are not paid to sit here and do nothing!:angry:

If people want to know why their stores are closing and their jobs are in jeopardy, they shouldn't have to look to far! Don't get me wrong! I definitely prefer to shop and buy in person, but I'm not an idiot!
  17. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Testify Sherri! **raises hands in the air**, lol.
  18. sherri

sherri Active Member

"Can I get a witness????":wink:
  19. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

lol, where's Kirk Franklin when you need him?
  20. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

he is standing under the table... :p

Alot of stores are like that. They hire people for little to nothing and provide even less training.

If the price is close I will go to a store..simply for the fact that I can take it back if needed.