MOTO Q9M or Blackberry Pearl?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by capo8488, Feb 23, 2008.

1. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

MOTO Q9M or Blackberry Pearl?

What do you guys think is better? and Why?
    just cause its a Q site, hopefully you wont play favorites.:laugh2:
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Honestly something that can help more is to make a list of what you need the phone to do, and then make a list of things you would like the phone to do. From my experience, there isn't too much that a BB can do that WM phone can't.
  3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Like Paco said, it all depends on what you want. If all you want it for is email and calendar, simple and easy, then maybe the BB is best. But if you want something a little more robust and customizable that's more than "just for work, then go for the Q9m (or other WM device of your choice).
  4. ToferQ

ToferQ New Member

For me personally, I love the better keyboard and larger screen size on the Q9m. It works better for me since I like to watch video's and use the internet a lot. However that big screen and everything seems to have quite an impact on battery life but still made me go for the Q. The pearl is more like a compact version of a pda to me, which seems like it would just aggravate me more since you have to make sacrifices to make it that compact.
  5. My-Q

My-Q New Member

I don't have a BB, but a friend of mine does. She loves it because she can send and receive/view attachments. I have not had my Q9m long enough with a data plan (which I don't have anyway) to know if you can send attachments or not.

Before I got my Q9m, I played with the Pearl. After using a QWERTY board, like the Q and temporarily using a RAZR, I have to have my QWERTY board. I do miss the camera button and wider space bar from the Q, but it is better than the Pearl's keypad.
  6. For simplicity and speed, BB blow others out of the water.
    For mutimedia, etc. wm rocks.
  7. killswitch

killswitch New Member

I just took my pearl back and got a Q9M, The keyboard on the pearl sucks badly. Typing can be very frustrating. sure the software is good, the 2.0 camera, But I think the Q 9M has a better edge then the pearl. Plus with a blackberry your forced into a web and email fee, like $30 a month. Crazy any more. just for the net and email on your cell phone.
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

personally, I love my Q. Not only for the multimedia options, but also for functionality. the keyboard on the Q (to me) is more user friendly. Theres less chance for texting mistakes on the Q. If I want to type a message I dont want to have to press the number buttons twice to find the letter im looking for. Sure you dont get the nifty scroll wheel but hey with my luck the little ball would fall out ( :gasp: no inuendoes please!).

Besides, when you have all these options available for the Q anything else would be....uncivilized! :tounge:
  9. cheri

cheri Active Member

no inuendos i promise...for now. :)

Im getting a black Q in the next couple days. I like my silver one so much Im getting another Q for my daughter. When I was on the phone with my carrier vzw last night checking the hex on the device i asked why the BB plan was cheaper than the Q and other smart phone plans. The rep said the BB is a stripped down BB..IMO that means just what the other posters have said. It depends on your needs..originally i got the Q for its basic functions....then when I started customizing the phone...i was very happy....well need i say more?
  10. capo8488

capo8488 New Member

ive made up my mind, im def getting the Q9M. Vzw recommends the blackberry but i think its just because they have a contract out with them which gives a better unlimted data plan. the pearl to me is a womens phone anyway. it looks like its supposed to be a girls. the keyboard is too small, and the ball sucks..
  11. tfolks206

tfolks206 New Member

:tounge:

10 char
  12. I got used to the ball on my brothers phone....Blackberry is FAST!!!.
    One thing I like is when the screen is locked you can still see owner info.
    Also, there are magnetic strips on the side of BB that detect when its in a case to lock the keypad and screen.....nice little touch.
    Only negative on the 9m is the back button on the side should be the voice dialing....
  13. mkauble

mkauble New Member

Can't you remap it?

I changed mine to the Speaker Phone function.
  14. not on the q9m as far as I know.
    How did you remap it?
  15. mkauble

mkauble New Member

Here's a link to a thread that describes the reg hack for remaping the back button. Basically, I just changed the back button to read SPKPHN, and it worked.

Don't know about voice recog, but it seems plausible.
  16. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

such a tease! :laugh2:
  17. I wonder what the value would be....
  18. cheri

cheri Active Member

Yeah i know its one of the benefits of being female. Nobody has started a tease thread yet anyway. lol
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'm sure it's not far off...
    :)
  20. cheri

cheri Active Member

Well I am not going to start it. I can guarantee that. Where is rb? He can start it lol jk
    Then he can pin and sticky it too. Hey wait...nah I aint gonna go there. I did not make up this interweb lingo.

:>