Moto Q9h won't sync anymore

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Raderick, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Raderick

Raderick New Member

Moto Q9h won't sync anymore

Today my Moto Q will no longer sync. I tried restarting my computer, re-installing Windows Mobile Device Center, used a different USB cord, used a different USB port, turning off the firewall, still will not sync. I really can't give any error notices because none is given to me. My Moto Q's ActivSync says connecting for a while and then it stops.

Any help would be appreciative.
  2. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

If I may confirm that you are on XP using ActiveSync 4.5? If so, are you using Outlook 2007? I among others have been experiencing this problem for more than several weeks now which has basically made the Q an over glorified phone with no other function.

No one as of yet has been able to figure out why and what is going on, including Microsoft team. This includes people with almost a decade of experience with all versions of CE/WinMo and sync software, including Vista.

So it might be an issue with the Outlook update that is screwing with things or not, we don't know yet. Trust me, I share your frustration as others we have seen and you can search this forum to see the discussions on it.

I can only at this point recommend that you checkout this link at your own risk and try and hopefully your issue is something that gets fixed but otherwise you are on the same boat and this boat is going nowhere fast at the moment.

http://modernnomads.info/wiki/index.php?page=Windows Mobile Device Center Troubleshooting

good luck.
  3. Raderick

Raderick New Member

Windows Vista.
  4. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I am sorry to say my friend that you are in the same boat as ME with that one, using WMDC and what version of outlook do you use?

The only SURE way I have been able to replicate to solve the problem which blows actually and why I have been prevented from doing it to resolve my own issue is to restore the machine and apply all updates first and THEN reset your device and make a fresh relationship until it breaks again when something else gets released or they update the WMDC software to be better at handling it.

I am so busy right now, I can't reformat my machine but others facing this have been able to do this to a sure fix but I am still holding out hope that there is a better way. I will share that as soon as I know. I am sorry that it provides no real solution to you.
  5. Raderick

Raderick New Member

I never used Outlook, but anywho I use Outlook 2007.
  6. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

is there a way you can do a bluetooth connection?
  7. Raderick

Raderick New Member

I have no freggin idea if my laptop even has Bluetooth capabilities.
  8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

sorry, my assumption was as with most people that the sync is done with outlook. If not then I really don't know how to help you unless its something that I am familiar with.

Try the bluetooth option and if you have a newer computer, then most likely you have it along with your wireless, unless you have a desktop in which case dells have them in the media reader most of the time and if not then you would have check your specs to see and try it.
  9. dcarroll23

dcarroll23 New Member

[you might try deleting device from windows device manager. it should then download a fresh driver for the device when connected. worked for me. there are detailed instructions of one of the threads on this subject in the forum.

quote=Raderick;219559]Today my Moto Q will no longer sync. I tried restarting my computer, re-installing Windows Mobile Device Center, used a different USB cord, used a different USB port, turning off the firewall, still will not sync. I really can't give any error notices because none is given to me. My Moto Q's ActivSync says connecting for a while and then it stops.

Any help would be appreciative.[/quote]
  10. cindra

cindra Active Member

Hi Guardian,

Probably no help at all except maybe for process of elimination, Unsure but I'm still syncing with my AT&T Q Global, WMDC v6.1.6965, Vista Home Premium (32-bit) and Office 2003.

Hope y'all get it solved soon.
  11. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

You know your help, input and perspective is always welcome. I love and cherish input, there is no way one head can think of and fix EVERYTHING, so its always good for someone to keep you on your toes by mentioning things that need to be done. If you've done it, then you have confirmation, if you have not done it then you know something else could be possible. I love it.

That being said, I love office 2003 in the sense that it rarely if ever breaks or has problems. So consider yourself lucky as 2003 was probably the best and most stable I have seen in a long time. I know 2007 is awesome and has its perks and as a developer its cool but it lacks stability and I hate how the technologies are different enough on track with each other that they don't often play nice with each other. "older" if you will technology is tried and true and tends to be easier to maintain.

Anyway, sorry for the run on....
  12. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

This is always a good step to go through and should be one of the first items on the list of things to do that appear on the link I provided earlier. Sorry I didn't mention them individually, figured it might be easier to print and follow. Good call though, thanks.
  13. Raderick

Raderick New Member

I just have to ask...where in Device Manager is the driver I need to delete?
  14. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

1. Right click "My Computer" and click on "Manage"
    2. On the left hand side, choose "Device Manager"
    3. Leave it open and go to 4
    4. Connect your device wait a bit and watch the Device Manager
    5. You need to look at the "Network" section and you will see "Remote Mobile Adapter" or some variation thereof
    6. Since this will happen only when you are connected, when it appears, click on it and select "Uninstall"
    7. Then it will refresh, disconnect your device and wait a bit and reconnect forcing it to redetect and install drivers.
  15. Raderick

Raderick New Member

My result.

Attached Files:

16. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Good, that's what you want. As you can see in the header, it is #2 which means it found another driver it could not resolve. Usually we want to remove them all until it comes up with no increment but this will do for now.

I am assuming you got this after you removed it and then reconnected and let it detect it. Unfortunately by itself it won't fix the problem unless driver corruption was the issue. Well this removes that since now we have a clean set.

Now, download and install the LATEST release of WMDC and install on top of what you have now. Sometimes you need to force install the conduits to re-register the libraries and get them unlocked, try it so we can eliminate that as your issue.

Location for future reference:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center.mspx

Direct download link for English 32 bit:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F1-E46A-4A5F-A791-09F07AAA1914&displaylang=en

The rest of the download packages and languages can be reached from the first link provided. Including x64 downloads.
  17. Raderick

Raderick New Member

Thank you, but it seems to installed as an Unidentified Device.
  18. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

That is both normal and fine, it always installs as unknown until you connect your device and detects what device you have, Q, tilt, ipaq, so on. So no worries there, just install on top, it will reset to unknown and then connect your device to get a clear pairing and we'll go from there.
  19. Raderick

Raderick New Member

I did connect the Moto Q but the computer again still won't recognize it nor sync.
  20. Raderick

Raderick New Member

Tried it all over again and I got the same error message as above.