Moto Q9h vs. Blackjack 2

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chogs89, Mar 9, 2008.

1. chogs89

chogs89 New Member

Moto Q9h vs. Blackjack 2

I no since this is on a Q website most people are going to pick the Q but how do u think the blackjack 2 compares with the Q?
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

The camera is better on the BJ II, but I believe the phone is navigated a bit easier with the Q9h. Also, the GPS is REALLY tough to get working on the BJ II from what I've read in some forums.

I like Motorola's build quality better than Samsung's. I've owned multiple phones of each, and sold them both for a year and a half. I like Samsung's features on their phones, but their software is just often slower. I'm not a fan of it really. I often sold Motorola phones to customers simply based on the reliability factor. However, the phonebook system is outdated, and there menus can be tricky to navigate.

Of course, this is with respect to phones NOT equipped with Windows Mobile.

I had my choice between the two. I picked the Q9h for its keyboard, and the additional RAM and memory it has. I'm glad I made the right choice, at least as far as my needs go =)
  3. Technician

Technician New Member

4. KestrylR

KestrylR New Member

I had a BJII for 3 days and swapped it for a Q9h, which developed issues and had to be replaced a week later with another unit. The GPS on the BJII worked immediately. The GPS's in both of the Q's are slo-o-o-o-ow to get a fix. I found the keyboard on the BJII slightly easier to use.

The deciding factor in the Q's favor was voice activation. Being able to hit the button on my headset and say "Call so-n-so" completely hands-free is important to me, and the BJII does not support that. (AT&T has a voice-dial subscription feature available, but you still have to hit something like 3 keys to activate it, so it is *not* a "hands-free" substitute)

(and only the black BJII is ugly - the red one is a reeeeally nice shade of red, and dammit the Q only comes in black...)
  5. tgwinn

tgwinn New Member

i had a bjII for two days before getting this q instead.. my biggest issue with the bjII was the battery life was horrid and the speaker was to quiet and muffled. I personally find the keyboard much easier on the q also.
  6. Welcome TGwinn.
    I agree with your assessment. I know somebody who had the BJ and returned it for that reason.
  7. IslandTractor

IslandTractor New Member

I looked at both and chose the Q. Main reason was the far superior keyboard but I was also very impressed with the speaker quality and phone call clarity in general. I do wish the Q had the little jog dial thingy though.
  8. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

you are right, they seems bias against Moto Q.

what the hell, well at least they make it clear that they have some biasness against Moto Q9, and the final verdict of Q9 over BJII (based on the number of win in the various dept)makes it even sweeter
  9. alotascot

alotascot New Member

I've been reading through this forum. Great info here, thanks all.

I thought I'd dreg up this old thread because I have a Q9h silver and a BJ2. Both have Windows Mobile 6.1. Here's what I've noticed after 2 weeks with the Q:

• system speed = Q
    • Keyboard visibility obviously = BJ
    • Keyboard size and customization = Q
    • Speaker = Q
    • GPS, I have the Q on COM3 and the BJ on COM4. The BJ acquires quicker, other than that the same
    • Battery is too close to call with the Q on the standard battery but the Q has more options
    • Cameras, BJ has a better visualization app but the Q has a flash making it much better for me
    • The dedicated "silent" button on the BJ is nice but the speaker button on the Q outweighs it for me
    • voice activation is only on the Q. Handy with a bluetooth headset
    • When the display is off the BJ acts like other phones I've had by pushing any key to wake it up. The Q will send the key stroke to whatever app is focused. Kind of annoying having to remember where you were so you don't mess something up. Is this normal? Is there a fix?
    • Every app I've tried works the same on both except Resco Sokoban doesn't on the Q. If anyone knows an alternative to that please let me know.

The apps I know and love are the reason I bought the Q when the BJ started randomly shutting down after 2 years of heavy use. I isolated it to the battery needing to be pushed against the terminals with cardboard but I thought I'd get a backup ahead of time. Turns out I'm using the Q full time and the BJ is my backup.
  10. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

Hello

You forgot that Q had faster cpu Q9h -330Mhz, BJII -260Mhz, Q use DDR mobile, BJII -SDR mobile ;-)
  11. alotascot

alotascot New Member

Hi Tranzystor82, thanks for defining my simplistic observation of "system speed = Q". I'd never heard of DDR and SDR until now, you learn something new every day.
  12. alotascot

alotascot New Member

An answer to my own question for future reference.

Change:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd\BacklightOffIgnoreFirstKey

From 0 to 1

Same goes for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd\BacklightOffIgnoreSideNav

Edit: I don't know why there's spaces between the "I" and the "g" in the reg keys but there shouldn't be.
  13. doramide7

doramide7 Banned

I looked at both and chose the Q. Main reason was the far superior keyboard but I was also very impressed with the speaker quality and phone call clarity in general. I do wish the Q had the little jog dial thingy though.
  14. alotascot

alotascot New Member

Just my opinion but I never used the scrolling part of the D pad when I used my BJ2. Even after I maxed its speed in the registry it was still quicker to use the D pad normally. I decided it was one of those things that appears good at first but is ultimately useless and maybe worse because it would occasionally move when you didn't want it to while using the D pad.