Moto Q9h Global wallpaper

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by LuvrGirl, Dec 7, 2007.

1. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Moto Q9h Global wallpaper

Ok... I'm going crazy here. I really want to try using some of my pictures as wallpaper and I can't seem to get the size right for it to show properly on my screen without getting cut off by the status bar and icon bar.

Can somebody help me out here? What are the dimensions supposed to be?

I have the Moto Q9h Global (WM6 if that makes a difference).

Thanks!
    MaRiA

P.S.
    I attached 2 pictures if anyone wants to try resizing them for me :)

Attached Files:

2. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

How's this? (and where's the second image?)

Attached Files:

3. xnight

xnight New Member

With this image:

[​IMG]

you would get this:

Nothing is taken from the image by the icon bar or the status bar

[​IMG]

And i love that image for a homescreen, it could also be done by making the icon bar transparent, but not using the image i posted, i would have to lose the black bar on top or use Der Alta's image
  4. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I would love this as a homescreen wallpaper! So I tried to save it to my desktop and it looks like the dimensions are 340x252, am I correct?

I'm very new to XML editing (actually don't know hardly anything) so I bookmarked some "tutorial" sites to try to learn up on it. I want a homescreen like the "Smartphone" homescreen on my Q9H global but with this Angelina Jolie wallpaper. Only that I want the status & icon bar colors to match (color theme) with my wallpaper and then the text color I haven't figured it out yet and the "highlight" color as well (right now it's orange when I move left to right to select an app).
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

320x213 is the size of the image you need
  6. xnight

xnight New Member

Why is that?, i still have a few things to learn why not 320X240?
  7. n99hockey

320x240 is the screen size...but 320x213 is the image size minus the soft key bars
  8. xnight

xnight New Member

Well tell us what you want and i assure you a few of the guys will come up with something......just be specific.
  9. xnight

xnight New Member

OOHHHHHHHHH, cool, see you learn things everyday
  10. n99hockey

i know i know!
    when i made screens they were 320x240 and found out about the 213 size not to long ago myself!
  11. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Yeah, I'm hoping someone can come up with something for me. I'm at work right now so hopefully when I get home later tonight I can post in detail what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance guys!

MaRiA
  12. tecmotimes

tecmotimes New Member

You should check out MadBeetle's HomeScreen creator. Of course it won't do everything possible within an xml homescreen but it's a good way to bang out a basic layout that you can manually tweak later. It's very easy to use, even if it does randomly exit sometimes (save your work often).

I did like 5 screens last night just to learn how, and even though I have a pretty good understanding of the backend xml from looking at code and reading a few tutorials, why go through all that crap just to get the basic layout down?
  13. xnight

xnight New Member

I couldnt agree with you more
  14. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Oh cool, thanks guys! I just downloaded MadBeetle right now. Hopefully I can play with it a little tonight, if not tomorrow.

MaRiA :)
  15. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

Ok guys, need a little bit of help (since I haven't really looked over any XML tutorials yet). I thought someone with a little more "how to" could help me out.

Ok, screenshot1, shows you how my homescreen looks right now. But I wanna move the time/date over to the left (closer to AT&T) because it's covering up Angelina's face. How do I do that? I know I would have to edit the XML, but what am I editing? (screen shot/code sample would help me out here) Also, I want to change the text color to white because it seems to fade in to the picture a bit.

Next, screenshot3, shows you how it "changes" when I hit the down arrow on my Q pad to select the Text Messages (it changes the text color to white). That's fine, but it also does like a dark grey background highlight... and that's ok too but is there any way to make that dark grey background highlight not run all the way across horizontally? I would like it to just go up to the end of the Text Messages (0)...

Here's the thing though.. on my Q9h Global I have a section to change my homescreen and to change the color scheme (which I have a couple default color schemes). I have one that's called Silvery color scheme that gave me the colors you see in the picture. So, would these changes be made in the xml file used for the color scheme? Or in the homescreen xml file?

I attached a copy of the xml file for Silvery color scheme and of my homescreen.

If anyone can help me out with this.... I would most definately appreciate it!

Thanks!
    MaRiA

Attached Files:

16. tecmotimes

tecmotimes New Member

Without getting *too* in depth I'll explain a couple of things:

The homescreen colors (text, background, etc) are defined in the homescreen xml. In fact, under the 'settings/home screen' in WinMobile, you want to leave the colors at default, and actually define those within the xml itself.

For moving the time/date plugins over, keep in mind that each plugin defined in the xml will have its own attributes you can change manually, such as x/y location of the plugin itself, or maybe width and text color for others. Each plugin will have its own set of these attributes that depends on the plugin itself. The MadBeetle editor takes care of all that tedious crap for you by letting you just drag stuff around and it sets the code on the backend.
  17. LuvrGirl

LuvrGirl Member

I tried using Madbeet's program to open my existing homescreen file and for some reason it didn't load it correctly... can this program open existing xml files so that I can just make those small little changes?

MaRiA
  18. n99hockey

it can but it messes them all up as you found out
    if you dont start it with the program its wise not to open up one you didnt use the program with
    you will spend more time trying to fix it
  19. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's baaack...
    Reported as SPAM (again)
  20. Illidan23

Illidan23 New Member

Hey what program are you guys using to resize images to 320X213?

I am trying to resize with some Microsoft program and every time i change the height to 213 it changes the width to 284 automatically. I even tried Photoshop Element 5.0 and same thing. Am i missing something or doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.