moto q9c has a white screen

Discussion in 'US Cellular' started by dking91, May 13, 2009.

1. dking91

dking91 New Member

moto q9c has a white screen

i have insurance on my phone and this is like the 5th moto q9c ive had. im wandering what us cellular will give me since they have stop selling this phone. does anyone know? will they let me get the black berry curve?:embarassed:
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

they may... have you replaced the battery recently?
  3. dking91

dking91 New Member

no, its the same battery ive had since they sent me this one... like a month ago
    seems like every month i have to get a new one
  4. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

Are there any applications you're installing that could be creating this issue? Tell us about your battery charging habits.
  5. disneygeek13

disneygeek13 New Member

Just as a notation we have had many issues with this phone. The first phone lasted from late June to October. The replacement from October to February. The next from February to April. This one is now only a few weeks old & basically freezes all the time. When trying to bring up the contact list it will take nearly 45 seconds to bring up. When trying to create a new one it freezes. Will often not even ring on phone calls. Daughter has NOTHING extra on this phone and has not even used the internet since receiving the replacement phone. She purposesly did not load any ringtones, photos, etc when the new (replacement) arrived a few weeks ago. Problem is the warranty expires 12 months from the date of the FIRST phone - not each replacement of course. So she is going to attempt to get one more phone before 6/1. Unfortunately we will probably have to continue to pay the $24.95 per month for internet until 12/1 when we can upgrade to a new phone (after 18 months) and then try to buy a plain jane phone off from ebay to just use during that time.

We get our phone thru a regional business rep, however, the local authorized dealer has indicated she is doing NOTHING wrong & the problems are in the phone(s).
  6. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

That's pretty unusual. No SD card, right? You've done a hard reset?

Have you tried updating the phone at Motorola's website? Here's the link

http://direct.motorola.com/hellomot...wareUpdateSelect.asp?country=USA&language=ENS

After you've done the hard reset, it might help to turn off predictive texting. If the phone works okay for awhile, it might have just been bogged down by old files. Track down SK tools and download the lite version for free. It will help keep your Q clean if you run it occassionally.

Finally, you haven't mentioned your charging habits. Do you have the standard charger that came with your phone, or are you using an aftermarket charger? Are you getting a new battery each time you get a new phone?