Moto Q11 Troubles

Discussion in 'Moto Q 11' started by raphael.msilva, Jan 19, 2009.

1. raphael.msilva

raphael.msilva New Member

Moto Q11 Troubles

Hello people,

I'm a new member, just like my new Moto Q11.
    I have tested it for 3 days, and I'm already sure about 'commom' problems.

At first:
    2 Hours after getting the phone out of the box, I set up the security password (The one which blocks the phone).

First Problem:
    After some time, my phone went all black. I pressed every single key, no lights, no succes..nothing. Pressed the power button, but couldn't turn it off. Probably was locked (Or already turned off - cuz thats how it was looking like) but I couldn't turn it on anyways.

I was forced to remove the battery, to make it work back again.

Second problem:
    To unlock the phone, you must press a key - then your password.
    Works perfectly, but happened already 3 times: I press the 'unlock' key and nothing happens!
    I can't type my password nor use the phone (Since it's locker, errrr...)

Then I'm forced to remove the battery again.

A friend of mine had a problem just like me (The first problem).
    We've got 4 MOTO Q11 in the office now, and I'll checking them if they face the same problem.

Have any of you had the same?!
    It really annoys me..and worries me a lot too I'd say.

Thanks,
    Raphael
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Did you say Q11?
    I have not seen anyting on it.
    I cant help, sorry.
    I have a problem also, I dont have one.
  3. raphael.msilva

Yeah I did.
    It's the Q11, already giving me some headache.
    Found another disturbing problem - will be on a new thread just now..

Thanks anyway fella.
  4. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

He lives in Brazil..they're the first people to get em if I recall correctly.
  5. raphael.msilva

How to? - Exchange Sync

Hello again,

I have configured my Exchange account on my Q11 - and there's something I really would like to change on it:

If you configure a normal account (Hotmail, Yahoo, Google, etc) you have the option to change the frequency of the sync:
    For example, 15min, 1 hour, 4 hours, blah blah..

But, when you configure an Exchange account, you just can't change that!
    I mean, I couldn't! And that's what I want to know how to change or just make sure it isn't possible, really!

What freaks me out is that I'm receiving and sending emails all the time, and my MotoQ11 is doing it in real-time too - So the sync is working 24/h. It will probably make my battery run out very quickly.

Also, how the hell can I change this sync to be done via my Wireless connection, and not using my ISP data!?

Plus, if I travel - How can I turn this OFF?
    I simply couldn't find it.

Thanks once again,
    Raphael
  6. raphael.msilva

You're right I'm from Brazil - But I don't think we're the first people to reach those phones. Trust me, iPhone arrived like 6 months ago only.

Im impressed, that you guys are impressed that I got it "yet" ?!
    Heh
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--threads merge--

you already started a problem thread...no need to start another
  8. brandon.roeder

brandon.roeder New Member

Nope, actually..you are the first people to get them

I think you may be the only people to get them so far.
  9. sherri

sherri Active Member

Q11 is not being released in the US...
  10. raphael.msilva

@n99hockey

Well - I'm sorry.
    I just thought it was going to be a mess with 1 thread for like 10 problems. This one, are for my problem being reported.
    The other one is just like a 'help needed' for some other kind of troubles I'm having.
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

actually exchange uses less battery than a "normal" pull email account with send/receive set to every 10 minutes
  12. raphael.msilva

Glad to hear!
    I hope that's right..

FYG, on my Nokia N95 sync in real time was finishing my battery in record time:
    3 hours.

And I tested same on 2 other N95, same results...
  13. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Cool to see we have someone with a Q11 on the forums!

I have a friend with an N95 and I don't think he gets that little battery power out of his phone, although I'm not sure whether he has his email set up on it.
  14. Chrissywissy90

Chrissywissy90 New Member

hy man i got a phone lik urs if thts wut the icon means above ur name and my back light just went out for no reason it just died screen works well everything works just the backlight got any info
  15. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

what? .
  16. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I second that.
  17. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

double poster is a no no.
  18. MOTO MANIAC

MOTO MANIAC New Member

i bet he got a early model q11 that has old s/w in it. that is some of the complaints i have heard on early models. people always want the latest and greatest before they are ready. keep an eye out for a f/w upgrade and itll all go away.
  19. elsmacko

elsmacko New Member

Well not sure if anyone has helped you yet, here is how to change the settings on how often the Outlook Email checks. You go into ActiveSync on your phone (the Green icon), and choose schedule, and that's where you can change it. I keep mine on manual because that's how I like it ;)
  20. ceduardovaz

ceduardovaz New Member

hey guys ! so i'm kinda happy with my new Q11. I had a motoQ cdma and had lotta a trouble with it always stopping . no with this one so i'm using for almost 3 months and i'm having to charge the batery everyday, of course i'm always using the phone, gps, wi-fi..
    takin' of it thats cool to me !!