Moto Q won't turn on...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by tmed834, Nov 2, 2009.

1. tmed834

tmed834 New Member

Moto Q won't turn on...

Hey my phone has been fine for about a year now. But this morning, if just shut off. Everytime I try to turn it back on the verizon logo comes on then its gone. Then when i take the battery out and turn it on with the wall charger, same thing. Then when I leave the battery in and plug it in the wall charger, same thing.

This is the second time this has happened, the first time it started working again, it randomly came back on. What do I do now?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

let it charge or an hr and try again
    its also possible the battery i just dead...

batteries last around a year or so
    try a new battery and see if that helps too
  3. tmed834

tmed834 New Member

i just did a master reset and its fine. I held the power buttin and center button at the same time. lost my contacts but whatever. thakns!
  4. n99hockey

a bit extreme but glad it worked for you

for the future try to sync your contacts to something
    microsoft my phone
    dashwire

or even setup and exchange connection with gmail
  5. tmed834

tmed834 New Member

could i just sync with windows contacts? I'm starting to make contacts through that?? and whats microsoft my phone and dashwire? (im a noob)
  6. n99hockey

no you can sync with outlook

myphone and dashwire are online backup programs

dashwire is changing to mIQ by Bestbuy...you also need wm6
    and myphone is by MS...but you need to have WM6 atleast
    i just realized you posted in the original Q forum
    so if you have that perhaps gmail conctacts is your best bet..or you can just copy the pim.vol file from your phone to your PC..it will only be readable by the phone but that holds your contacts and calendar and you can add it back to the phone if you reset

you can also search for contacts backup...there are a few threads on this...you will find something that fits your needs
  7. tmed834

tmed834 New Member

OMG I saved the pim.vol before I lost my contacts and when i tried to put it in my phone, it would say error and not copy it. like it won't overwrite the pim.vol already on the phone....any ideas on why this happened??

i still have my old pim.vol
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

its been a looooong while....but i think Yahoo still has an app that sync contacts as well....oh...and of course Hotmail (WindowsLive).
  9. n99hockey

you need to move it to the device first and then move it to the correct location
    also you should probably use something like total commander to move it...its a better file manager that will allow you to overwrite system files
  10. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I use myphone.microsoft so I have not done this but ... I thought I've read that you had to rename it then move to phone delete the one there and then rename it back. I know there is step by step thread here somewhere.
  11. blackmeto

blackmeto Active Member

rename the pim.vol that is on the phone now to 1 through activesync,then put the old pim.vol in the same folder that u renamed the pim.vol to 1 in. should be the root folder. when the phone is connected to activesync and go into my windows mobile device,it should be there