Moto Q will not charge

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by ndillashaw, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ndillashaw

ndillashaw New Member

Moto Q will not charge

I have had my phone for over a year now and almost a week after I purchased it the charger just stopped working. I know it has something to do with the phone and not the charger or battery because I have charged my battery on a friends q and it worked great I have also tried several different chargers. Does anyone know what might be causing this?? I just ended up buying a new phone and that phone recently broke so I would love to be able to use my Q again. I was thinking to purchase a second battery and a external charger but that is going to be a pain.
    Thanks!!:dft010:big_smile
  2. cegabq

cegabq New Member

When you say "I have had my phone for over a year now and almost a week after I purchased it the charger just stopped working" - do you mean you've had a phone for a year without a charger?

But going a different direction, I had a Moto Q and then upgraded to a Q9c. My first Q would charge on anything that had a mini-USB plug. My Q9c will ONLY charge from a Motorola charger with a mini-USB plug. I hate it that I've had to buy OEM chargers (wall, auto, etc) for the Q9c, especially since my original Q was happy with any mini-USB.
  3. ndillashaw

ndillashaw New Member

I only used it for a week. I just went back to the phone I had before my moto q.

I have the actual motorola charger trying to charge it. I would buy a replacement usb port if I knew of someone that would replace it for me. At this point I really don't have anything to loose i don't use it anyways. I just paid $100 for the phone so I hate to just get rid of it.
  4. cegabq

cegabq New Member

Ooh - sorry, can't help you at all on that issue. Good luck