Moto Q vs. Iphone

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Moosanova, May 22, 2009.

1. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Maybe, maybe not. But...you're not the ultimate judge. You're only the judge for yourself and your needs.
  2. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

What you don't seem to get is just because you say it's not doesn't mean a hill of beans to anyone but you! That's your opinion, it's not a FACT!

Apple put out a damn good product and whether you like it or not it's the measuring stick that other touchscreen phones are measured by. Get over it and move on!
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I'll take the JitterBug over the Q or iPhone anyday ;)
  4. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

Oh pipe down you! lol
  5. rkcoll1

rkcoll1 Member

LOL ParaCAD.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Wahahahaha!!! someone is showing their age...
  7. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Sorry, but I will debate this forever. I'm that passionate about cell phones and all electronics for that matter. I don't even think the iPhone is the best touchscreen device out there. The HTC Touch Diamond and Samsung Instinct are better than the iPhone but that's another debate. This is the Q vs. iPhone thread. Why are you even looking at these forums anyway if you have an iPhone?
  8. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

;) lol, i saw one displayed at a CVS drug store the other day, i flipped it open/close and just laughed...its such a funny looking phone and pretty much useless..

Watch out now!! There probably is an age requirement for one of those things...and i am still far from it, thank you sir!...lol

@chicagonese - you are now just trying to argue, it seems. Come on, chill. THR been a member since '07.
  9. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

What is the name of the thread again? That might give you some insight as to why I chimed in.

And who the hell are you to question why I am in these forums?

You can debate all you want but know this.....these are still your very narrow-minded opinion and they matter only to you.
  10. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

So what makes the iPhone a good product? What makes it the best touchscreen device today? Now we're talking about the iPhone 3G, not the 3G S. Like I've said before, I think the diversity and amount of apps there are for the iPhone is incredible. Is there anything else? I want to know. What convinced you to believe that the iPhone is the measuring stick for touchscreen devices?
  11. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Yes, I'm looking for productive arguments. I'll also argue because I'm very passionate and opinionated about this topic. I'm an '07 member too. If you've noticed, I don't post very much, so when I do, I've got something to say, whether they're facts or opinions.
  12. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Who measures all other phones against the iPhone, besides the media and critics? Not an end user. That person probably loves there phone (which ever it may be), and doesn't care about any others and how they measure up. The norm would be a user finding the phone that fits them...thats how it should be done. Granted some, buy a phone because of the hype which is stupid. because it can often backfire on the buyer, then realizing this didn't fit their needs.

As has been stated, its all a matter of opinion, thats it. Why debate, for fun? Unless it all depends on you being voted in as Pres. of the United States..lol
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You're asking questions in a leading way that can not be answered. While I have no intention of speakling for THR (or anyone else), as she (and others) can certainly speak her (and their) own mind quite eloquently,....

I don't recall her, or anyone else in the forums that I've read stating that the iPhone is the best phone ever as a blanket statement. I think what they've stated and I've read is that it's the best phone for *their* individual needs, just like you passionately beleive the Q is the best phone for *your* individual needs.

As for being the measuring stick, the media has long ago annointed it with that crown, not members of this forum. Asking a member to defend it seems somewhat nonsensensical.

I would like to suggest that these discussions could be done with facts, not emotions, and questions should be asked that can be legitimately answered. Many of your questions are leading with no way for any individual on this forum to answer them. Great technique for a laywer, poor technique for an exchange of information amongst respected peers.
  14. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

The iPhone might not work for the guy sitting next to me on the bus but it works for me. And that's all i need to know.

I don't need to convince you or anyone else whether it's the best touchscreen device out there. Especially since it's the only touchscreen I have ever owned. I wouldn't be able to give an informed opinion on that.

We get that you don't like the iPhone, we get that you think it's a total waste of technology. Yada, yada, yada. And.......this refrain is getting real old. It's time to move on to perhaps saving the universe next?
  15. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Look, I wasn't trying to ask you questions that you couldn't answer. I would just like to know what YOU like about the iPhone. That's it. By the way, I am a lawyer. No, just kidding. I'm a poker player.
  16. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I like having my whole music library on my phone. I like having an integrated Youtube app, as well as all my sports related apps. I love playing Sally's Spa, Jewel Quest II and numerous other games flawlessly. All while listening to my music. And now with the 3.0 upgrade if a song comes on that I don't want to listen too instead of getting out of my game I can just simply shake my phone to change it. That freaking rocks for me!! Watching The Closer when I am stuck at work or waiting is just the ultimate for me. I am very simple in my pleasures, it doesn't take alot to make me happy and I don't want a phone I have to alot of modifications to to enjoy it.

I am not that much of a techno geek. Without this forum I would have been very unhappy with my Q because out of the box it's was not very functional to me. But with the help of this forum and some pretty knowledgeable members I was able to personalize my Q to my needs. But I always used the original PIE, couldn't figure out how to get my music to play without having my gps settings integrated in too. The only game that I ever played was the Solitaire game on the Q9c and I about went blind doing that, it was so freaking small.

Is one phone superior to the other? That is for each individual user to decide based on his or her needs.
  17. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

You just said it. To say in an earlier post that the iPhone is the measuring stick for all devices is just an empty statement with NO FACTS.
  18. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Very well put THR! There is no one phone that is superior in all aspects, but each will have a few features that can be thought of as superior. It all depends on what the end user is looking for at the time. I still love my Q, but the touch pro has me at the moment. VGA touch screen, wifi, g-sensor, massive amounts of internal memory as far as WinMo devices go, fast processor. Do I need all of it? No, but it fits my needs now. and that's all I'm looking for
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

For discussion purposes, I can tell you what I think I like about the iPhone based on playhing with it some. The vast number of apps, that can all be found in one place, rather than 8,000 individual web sites and 140,000,000 forum pages with various links to other forums where you have to register to even see anything, like is prevalent on the WM software side. The cleverness and to me, usefullness of a lot of the apps, even if some of them are gimicky (yes, that's not a word). The screen is gorgeous! The UI is brilliant and easy to control. Visual voice mail is neat, something I didn't think prior to seeing it. The GPS is fun, and some neat apps with that, but that's not a deal breaker either way.

What I don't like. The spacing in the portrait keyboard. I constantly hit the wrong letters. Landscape is no problem. Not having the ability to swap in a new battery.

Don't know what solutions there are for review of .DOC, .XLS, and .PDF. Suspect many, but never investigated it. Videos are for me, not an issue. Songs, are for me, not an issue. I use voice command dialing all the time. Would like to have that if it isn't there.
  20. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

I love all the facts that are pouring in right now!!!