Moto Q vs. Iphone

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Moosanova, May 22, 2009.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Personal attacks are against forum rules

--thread closed--

oops, I'm not a moderator... if I was I would shut this thread down...
  2. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

All I'm saying is that I'm tired of people being diplomatic about this topic. While it is true that they are different phones, that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't be compared to each other. I can't believe that there aren't more people spirited about this topic. Some phones are better than others. That's just the way it is. My stance during this entire topic has been that the iPhone is overrated, except for the application store. There still hasn't been a person that has countered with anything unique or interesting about the iPhone. I'm still waiting and I probably will be for an eternity.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

4. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

I agree with Bob and Ninja on that cartoon. The iPhone came way too late in the game.
  5. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

I will only say this, While I understand where you are coming from Chicagonese. You still have to understand our reasoning for being "Diplomatic" is because without it words get exchanged, things get thrown, kittens get stepped on, and babys cry. Its cool that you like the Iphone, and im ok with that, all im saying is that without a civil thread, you have people posting random crazy talk like the banned member "username" because he refused to be adult about anything....

Thats all im saying.
  6. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Q-puter > iPhone

First of all, let me correct you by saying that I like the Q, not the iPhone. Second of all, I didn't start off insulting anyone. The guy from Brooklyn did, by saying that I just talk and screw up topics. To be quite honest, I'm the only person here in this topic that posted facts about both phones. How sad that no one can take a stance these days.
  7. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

You pretty much proved my point with your responses.
    As for me only presenting my argument like a 7 yr old..I distinctly said that both phones had their own advantages and disadvantages.
    However, you were the one who chose to emphatically state that the Iphone has no advantages and that it's success is only a marketing ploy and challenging anyone else to prove you wrong. Why should anyone else have to prove anything??
    I commented on your *behavior*, you resorted to direct name calling...again proving my seagull analogy. It's almost like you are angry that someone disagreed with you.
    You didnt post any facts...just your opinion. Playing an emulated game on the Q is not an advantage..it is a preference..especially considering the vastly superior Iphone games out there.
    Whining about 'he started it' and acting petulant is not helping your case, the whole martyr routine is played out..'no one can take a stance'....are you for real? Lemme guess..everyone is against you..it's a vast conspiracy ..blah blah blah.
  8. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

...and this is what i meant.

Anyone else wana close this thread?
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

so the fact that the iPhone can now do MS exchange is not a fact?
    and stances are based on opinion. I'm sure there are many people out there with iPhones that wouldn't find the Q useful for one reason or another.. and there are some other things that the iPhone can do which the Q cant (they tend to fall into the novelty category, much like running an emulator for NES games)
    how about using the phone as a level, or an inertia based map program, or being able to interact with a game by moving the phone. there are other phones that can do those as well (many of the new HTC phones).

The problem with the Q vs. iPhone idea is much the same as the PC vs Mac idea. They are both based more on opinion than fact
    The Q at it's heart (like any other WinMo phone) was designed more for Business, but has plenty of uses for the average Joe. Whereas the iPhone was designed to be a phone that could be used by anyone, and over time it has become more useful on the business end due to software updates and new apps
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Let's post some ares of consideration for the original poster that may be useful for making their decision.

What are your needs/desires for.....
    • keyboard (real vs. virtual)
    • screen real estate
    • carrier (AT&T vs. Sprint/Verizon)
    • GPS (open vs. restricted use)
    • applications (MS documents?)
    • availability of 3rd party applications (# of sites, verification process, etc.)
    • email
    • sms (threaded vs. not)
    • operating system (Windows Mobile vs. Apple OS)
    • games
    • types of games
    • music playing
    • music sources
    • memory
    • removable storage
    • syncing / interface to phone
    • battery life
    • removable battery
    • warranty/upgrade support mechanism
    • age of phone model
    • screen type (touch vs. not)
    • type of navigation (d-pad vs. touch with kinetic scrolling)
    • customization (skinning, hacks, etc)
    • streaming media playing (youtube, video sites, movies, radio, etc)
    • browser capabilities
    • browser enhancement capabilities (java, flash, scripting, etc)
    • email capabilities
    • voicemail
    • WiFi
    • Digital camera specs and uses
    • Price (both initial and monthly)
    • Etc etc etc
    I think this type of information is better for the original poster than what's been generated so far.
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Thanks EQBob!
    @the OP, the only way you can tell what phone is better for you, is pretty much by getting to know them yourself and going with the one that has more of what you want/ need
  12. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I tend to disagree with being diplomatic in situations like this. The OP wants an honest opinion from us. Yes it is true that everyone has different needs and everyone has to find out for themselves what those needs are. But don't you guys see, our needs have already been met? We already have gone through the process of "which phone should I get?" We have already decided which phone is right for us. Of course we are going to have strong opinions about our dicisions, because in our minds it was the right and the best decision. And the OP wants to know why we made those decisions. We all feel passionate about our phones, be it the Q or the iPhone. "How dare people tell us their phone is better than mine?" A difference of opinion is exactly what the OP needed, not a diplomatic one. OP wants us to help with the decision, and we just give a "oh, well they are both equally good in their own right", well then OP is still where he/she is before the thread was posted if given that answer. The problem we are having is both sides are acting like real babies. Neither is respecting the other's opinion. Please, stop with the personal attacks.

Where do you want to eat?
    I dunno where do you want to eat?
    It's up to you...
    No you decide...
    I dunno...

That's ^^ what being diplomatic sounds like. It's absolutely no help. What? Did we think the OP can't google the specs of each phone? That's a little belittling don't you think? The OP started the thread because he/she wanted our OPINIONS.

If we get rid of the personal attacks and re-read the posts, you will see lots of good info the OP can use with his/her decision making.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

I think providing questions / answers / and thoughts for the original poster to chew on and *think*for*themselves* is what is most useful in a thread like this. Laying out the decision making process *you* went through, for them, would also be useful. It illustrates items to think about that they may not have.

Information that simply states Model A is better than Model B because Model A can play this game or because Model A has a larger battery can also be useful, but it generally doesn't give both sides of the story and it generally not as helpful. It's even less helpful when it's so supportive of Model A that all you get is the equivalent of 'this phone rocks dude...go buy it!. that other like ...sucks....man...stay away from it!'

You can call it being diplomatic. I call it allowing the OP to go through the process for themselves and think through *their* needs.
  14. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Actually, that's what indecisive sounds like. No relation to diplomatic.

Diplomatic is figuring how to answer the question of does this dress make me look fat?
  15. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

"This phone rocks dude..." is still an opinion and very helpful to the OP because it was followed by facts why he thinks it rocks. So what if he thinks the Q is better than all other phones? So what? It's not up to you to decide if it's helpfull to the OP. Why don't you concetrate on posting your opinions how the OP should decide for themsleves by submiting facts (just as you have done) about your personal experiences and not belittle others or prove them wrong. No matter how childish you think the posts may be, it's not your place to label it as so. This place is an open forum... let's keep it that way. We don't want Chris and Scott to have to lay down the law and use their pimp hands.
  16. EQBob

EQBob New Member

EXCUSE ME!?!?
    Belittling people? Proving them wrong? Labeling a post as childish?

I stated "It all depends on individual's needs and can't be resolved with a blanket statement of this phone is better than that phone in all circumstances, for all people."

I don't disagree with the premise of your post, but if an opinion of "this phone rocks" is valid....then so is an opinion of "it all depends on individual's needs"

I have absolutely no idea how you got from there to belittling and/or proving someone wrong and/or childish.

I think you could stand to read my posts with greater clarity than you appear to be doing. (btw, that's being diplomatic <light hearted <G>)
  17. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

No one even said that. It was an obvious attack to make someone look like an airhead. You basically said his post was useless. His posts are just as helpfull as yours.
  18. tman065

tman065 New Member

Geeze, all that from one phone? Are you crazy?

Oh, wait.....My SAGA does that!
  19. EQBob

EQBob New Member

<sigh> What are you...an Oracle? You should really stick to reading what I write and not ascribing your own interpretations to it. Honestly, you're not very good at it. If I wanted to state that a post was useless, I would say so flat out. If I wanted to state a poster was an airhead, I'd would say so.
  20. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I AM an Oracle...