Moto Q vs. Iphone

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Moosanova, May 22, 2009.

1. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Personally, I chose the Q (I've had the original and I nw have a Q9m) for a few different reasons.

1. I am one of those who really needs the physical keyboard.
    2. I like the ability to swap out memory cards.
    3. I travel the country quite a bit and overall, Verizon's coverage is MUCH better than ATT.
    4. I am not the ''trendy'' type and I feel like the iPhone is more of a social statement than anything else as there are phones with much more functionality out there.
    5. I admit that I do like to play nes and snes games every once in a while.

Keep in mind that this is my opinion. I don't use bluetooth very much so I don't hold that against the iPhone. The apple app store really isn't a big draw for me since I really don't need my phone to look like a 3-inch light saber or make farting noises or give me yo momma jokes. Any real functional app in the store can be found on the wm platform in a similar format.

I am not bashing the iPhone because I think that it is great for a lot of people...just not me. Everyone has their preferences I guess.

-posted from my Q9m
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

@mickbali123 well that logic is fundamentally flawed. The iPhone is not necessarily a better phone, I think (along with many others here) that it's much more of a feature phone with some smartphone features, than it is a smartphone. If it works better for what you need, great. But that doesn't make it better overall.

At the moment, I have both a Touch Pro and a Droid, and both are great phones, but at the moment, Android (like the iPhone) is lacking in some smartphone features (case in point, Android doesn't delete messages from my exchange account when I delete them on the phone)

in general, if I need to do some heavy hitting work related things, I pull out the WinMo phone, because that's what it does. and it does it well. If I want to have fun, I can use either, but the droid just makes it easy to have fun.
    @mhans311 very well said, I agree with you on all counts.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Android doesn't do Exchange right? Serious buzz kill. How about IMAP? I need my phone to do Gmail Exchange and Yahoo IMAP. My Q9c does those seamlessly.

I also need tethering. Not very often but I have to have it. My Q9c does it for free. I still don't see a phone that is clearly better.
  4. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I forgot to mention one thing that the iPhone definitely has over the Q and that is screen real estate. I do wish the Q had a bigger screen, but to me it's not worth sacrificing the physical keyboard. Now if only they'd make a slide out qwerty with a d-pad on the left (nstead of on the right like the droid) for any gaming...