Moto Q vs. Iphone

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Moosanova, May 22, 2009.

1. Moosanova

Moosanova New Member

Moto Q vs. Iphone

Which phone is better for all purpose functinality, Apps, games, music etc. etc.

Why....

If this topic has been posted before, let me know and i will remove it.

Did a search for this topic and nothing so I am assuming this is the first time this topic has been posted.
  2. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

to be honest, its all a matter of preference. Some of the fellow Guru's here have Iphones while others have Blackberrys. Im not gonna get in a debate over which phone is better because that will just start a number of fights. I will leave it at this...do some reasearch and decide what is best for YOU.
  3. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

They are very different phone.
  4. EQBob

EQBob New Member

What others have said. Very different phones, very different approaches to things. Suggest you make a list of things that are important to *you* in your ultimate phone/device and then, if needed, ask questions about items on that list, like how does each handle mp3 playback or similar items like that.

Question as posed is much too open-ended for you to get any real useful information for*your* needs.

There is also an iphone everything forum similar to this. I never remember the name because I don't understand it, but it's up on the menu bar at the top of every page.
  5. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

6. Moosanova

Moosanova New Member

Cool, Thx guys....
  7. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Motorola Q, Hands Down

Well, I'm going to stir the pot a little on this debate. First, let me begin by saying that the Q is better than the iPhone. The iPhone still has a few shortcomings. The iPhone has no external memory slots. It can't bluetooth with other phones. It has no voice command capabilities. It has no infrared capabilities. I'm not sure if Apple added an application or add-on for video recording, but for the longest time, the iPhone couldn't record video. The iPhone can't emulate video games from consoles such as Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis because pretty much, the majority of emulators need Windows to run. All of what I mentioned the Q has advantages over the iPhone. I will say that I love Apple's application store because of its diversity of programs. Besides that, the iPhone, or any phone for that matter, doesn't even come close to competing with the Q because of the Q's many uses.
  8. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Wooah... It's like you typed everything I was thinking word for word.
  9. EQBob

EQBob New Member

While I don't disagree with you that much on the specifics, it isn't really a competition. It's about what's the best phone for *your* needs and *your* uses.....or in this case, the OP.

Just as an example, I have heard about the game emulators and all that for WinMo phones. That means nothing to someone like me, who rarely plays games. (Not to mention most of them are illegal). The iPhone does some things really well. The WinMo smarthphones do some things really well.

The iPhone has a future and support and software upgrades as needed. The Q series has none. The Q has a battery that can be swapped out. Not so on the iPhone.

It all depends on individual's needs and can't be resolved with a blanket statement of this phone is better than that phone in all circumstances, for all people.
  10. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

EQBob pretty much summed up my thoughts. There are things the Iphone does better and there are things the Q series does better.
  11. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

You have failed to realize the "blanket of statement" made, was infact addressing Chicagonese' "individual needs". He/she just stated the pros and cons of both phones. Never once was it said that it was better "for all people". So I don't think it's wise to dismiss such a comment even if it shows obvious enthusiasm for the Q. A very helpfull post for the OP IMO.
  12. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, in part. His comments did show obvious enthusiam, and I said in my first post that I agreed with some (not all) of them. However, they were a blanket statement "saying that the Q is better than the iPhone" There were no qualifying statements whatsoever, such as in my opinion. It reads as all encompassing.

I think that's when problems start. I certainly have no problem with people having enthusiam for their phone. I do for my Saga. But it fits *my* needs. I'm happy to provide information, as are dozens of others, but the point is the OP has to decide what will fit his/her needs, not respondents.
  13. EQBob

EQBob New Member

14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

well the iPhone can do MS exchange now, (getting my commander set up with that). But ultimately, what one person finds useful in a phone may not line up exactly with what others find useful. This is why there are different phones...
  15. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

Q > iPhone

Look, besides Apple's application store, the only thing the iPhone has going for it is its marketing campaign. Anything the iPhone can do, the Q can do, and more. I invite anyone to say what the iPhone can exclusively do, because it's not much when you look closely. Case in point: my friend wanted to play Street Fighter the other day but he couldn't because he had an iPhone. I could because I have a Q with a Super Nintendo emulator. I can listen to all my music and get all my calls through my car speakers with my Q, with the help of Bluetooth and my Motorola T505 car kit. Also, try watching TV episodes on Fancast.com through the Safari browser. See what happens. Enough said.
  16. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    It's one thing to really like your phone..but when it gets to the point where a person has blinders on, then it's kinda ridiculous.
  17. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

All I'm saying is that I want someone to present me with some facts about the iPhone having capabilities exclusive to the iPhone. I don't think I have any "blinders" on. If you can't do that, stop wasting my time and yours.
  18. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You presented an opinion for the original poster. Others presented differing or less strident opinions. I fail to see how anyone is "wasting your time". If they are, stop posting.

Until such time as the original poster may want to post some more detailed questions, this thread is pretty useless.
  19. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

This is why most of us here cringe when these Iphone threads pop up. The flow of the posts are always interrupted by that one person with the "seagull" mentality...flies in, squawks loudly and shits all over everything.
  20. Chicagonese

Chicagonese New Member

To the guy from Brooklyn

How did I shit all over everything? I presented facts stating my case. All you ever did was present an argument of a 7-year old. That's your opinion. That's like saying I know what you are but what am I? How about stating some cool things about the iPhone that the Q can't do. That would actually be an interesting reply, instead of saying that's your opinion. If anyone took a shit on this topic, it's dumb, ignorant people like you. That's why I said you're wasting my time. Enough said.