Moto Q vs Blackberry Pearl. Which would be best for my needs?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Deadcell34, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

I don't know why some people think getting a SmartPhone without a data plan is stupid. My main gripe with regular cell phones is that there is never on any one I have ever owned or seen a place to put addresses for your contacts. It's always just phone numbers and maybe an email address. So 'back in the day' when I had a regular phone, I still had a paper addres book!!
  2. Everyone who has data says having a smartphone without one is stupid.
    I didn't have data for 2 yrs. Just got it a month or two ago.
    The phone is great even without data.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i dont think its stupid to not have a data plan...
    its just think you can use it to its full potential...but everyone situation is different...
    which doesnt make you or it stupid
  4. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Well, apparently, everyone except me. ;)

That was my #1 pet peeve with 'regular' phones. No real addy book.
  5. cliffr39

cliffr39 New Member

In general I don't think it's stupid unless it's a BlackBerry without a data plan. To me that is stupid because the device was made for the main purpose of email, not PDA functions like a WinMo phone. Why buy something not for the main purpose of the device? I don't buy sneakers to go to the beach, I get flipflops/sandals, or sunglasses for driving at night, so why a BlackBerry if not for email. Yeah I know people say for texting but...

Otherwise I completely agree with you that smartphones are much better than regular phones with/without data plans.
  6. spork27

spork27 Member

Getting a Q9m without Data allowed me replace both my regular cell phone and my PDA. Now I only have to carry one device that is smaller than either of the two old devices I had to carry around.
  7. agree 100% with the two previous posts.
  8. sherri

sherri Active Member

Ageed. Even though I have internet/data, I was are able to replace the address book, phone, calendar, and the MP3! (Hubby wonders why my bag still weighs a ton....):wink: