Moto Q Very Slow - Help!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by thelarster, Dec 5, 2007.

1. thelarster

thelarster New Member

Moto Q Very Slow - Help!

I installed the vTap software someone suggested to watch YouTube vids - ever since then my Q freezes about every 5 minutes and is extremely slow!

I've uninstalled that software, ran some reg cleaners, have done many restarts (w/ the battery out.)

Is there any alternatives other than doing a hard reset (which erases everything right?)

What's the quickest way to re-install everything if I do have to start from scratch.

Help - I'm going crazy w/o my Q!!
  2. thelarster

thelarster New Member

Also, it seems to work fine for about 3 minutes after a reboot. Until I do something like change home screens, check a text... then it starts to freeze again.
  3. aalvino

aalvino New Member

Hello, I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service. I am sorry you have encountered this problem. Would it be possible for you to answer a couple of questions about what you are seeing on your phone?

1 - How is the memory utilization on the phone. Go to Start/System Tools/Memory Manager - Can you tell me how much Free space there is on the Device Storage, adn on the Ram Storage?

2 - What other processes are running on the Moto Q? This can again be determined by gonig to Start/System Tools/Task Manager. This will provide a list of the programs which are running. Also at the bottom of this screen will bhe the CPU Utilizaiton, and the Overall Memory Usage. if you could let me know what those values are as well, that would help.

Thanks....
  4. thelarster

thelarster New Member

Aalvino,

It may have been a coincidence w/ that software but after installing it, playing with it (which I thought it was awesome) and then within an hour later this started happening.

If this helps great...

1. Free on device 19.19 MB, Free Ram 20.41 MB

2. I've killed most of these and done many reboots and uninstalled stuff trying to figure this out, but right now while my Q is running slow there is:
    CreShoZu
    ShoZu
    Text Messages
    OBSSHoZu

(if you're unfamilar w/ the *Zu ones, shozu.com)

Thanks for the reply. I hope not to have to do a Hard Reset but it's not looking good.
  5. aalvino

aalvino New Member

Could you tell me what it says for "CPU Utilization" at the bottom of the Task Manager window?
  6. thelarster

thelarster New Member

CPU Utilization 2%
  7. aalvino

aalvino New Member

If you start IE, and go to Tools/Memory, what does it show for Temporary Files, and Cookies? Could you try clearing the Temporary Files? I have seen that really slow down my phone before (have the exact same 9M).
  8. thelarster

thelarster New Member

Yeah I thought of that - right now it's only at 3.1 MB and I cleared it, restarted, no change.
  9. piranah

piranah New Member

From looking at it the ShoZu and vTap programs are interfering with each other, do they not do the exact same thing?
  10. aalvino

aalvino New Member

I have installed shozu on my phone, so now I have vTap, and ShoZu. I don't see a problem yet, but will watch for a little while, and report back if I see a problem.
  11. piranah

piranah New Member

what im saying is those programs do exactly the same thing...try removing one and see if that solves your problem...
  12. aalvino

aalvino New Member

Sorry, but I would have to disagree. They serve different functions. vTap provides access to millions of vidoes from many different sources through one interface. ShoZu allows you to post videos/pics to many different sources.
  13. thelarster

thelarster New Member

I did remove vTap and it didn't solve it. I did a hard reset and all is good now - except having to reinstall all my other apps :frown: