Moto Q on Cricket, everything works except internet...

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by confusedQowner, Dec 3, 2007.

1. confusedQowner

confusedQowner New Member

Moto Q on Cricket, everything works except internet...

Hi,
    yeah i'm new. i got the moto Q used yesterday, it was flashed to cricket. the place i bought it from however didn't delete any of the previous owners stuff! contacts, pictures, video's, etc...!!! i didn't want that stuff, so i did a master reset... when it loaded back up i noticed the internet previously had a "cricket" setting, and no longer does. (though i don't know if it worked anyways).

Anyways i went in to the network settings, made one called cricket, connects from : wap, connects to: the internet. proxy: wap.mycricket.com:8080, type: wap, username: myphonenumber@mycricket.com, password: cricket.

thats how i set it up but the internet doesn't work, says login error. so in IE i went to tools/options/connections, select network..all i have is WAP, secure wap, work, internet. no "cricket".

Any ideas? every other aspect of it works...but the whole reason i got it was for internet.
  2. eplaza07

eplaza07 New Member

HI,
    I AM HAVING THIS SAME PROPLEM WITH MY CRICKET MOTOROLA Q PHONE. DID YOU GET IT FIXED ? AND CAN YOU DIRECT ME ON HOW YOU DID IT?
  3. msbogart

msbogart New Member

I had this problem and had to spend $15 to have someone "reflash" it to cricket. I don't think I could have done it by myself. Besides it was a cheap way to get rid of the frustration.
  4. cindra

cindra Active Member

Hi, hi, and hi to confusedQowner, eplaza07, and msbogart.

Welcome to Everything Q! :smile:
  5. scott1981

scott1981 New Member

Yup, once you erase everything it has to be reflashed to the cricket network.
    Search craigslist or the internet to find someone in your area that can do it for you
  6. raymondjackso25

raymondjackso25 New Member

7. dswe2

dswe2 New Member

Mine works FULLY!

I have had My Moto Q for almost a year, and EVERYTHING WORKS. I did not know cricket could do this when I had this phone setup. It was a Sprint phone, which the guy put on Verizon software and set it up for me. Took a bit of doing, but he ROCKED! and it all works flawlessly.
    [SIZE=+1]Moore Cells[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Write a review[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]705 S Broadway[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Oak Grove, MO 64075[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](816) 987-0511‎

Here is information. At this point my GPS still doesn't work but I think the phone doesn't have the capability, still working on that.

[/SIZE]
  8. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to Everything Q!

We hope you enjoy hanging around. :)
    Don't forget--There is a search area at the top of every page and "sticky" posts in different forums. Chances are your answer is already there.

This has been a canned, but very heartfelt, welcome. :tounge:
  9. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

and your gps wont work
    the verizon rom wont let it

-Sent from my Q9c