Moto Q Must Haves

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by SUPERSTEVE9219, Sep 22, 2006.

1. SUPERSTEVE9219

SUPERSTEVE9219 New Member

Moto Q Must Haves

What are some programs that every Q user should have?

A few things I do want is
    AIM
    And some kind of RSS viewer

Also I was wondering if there was A way to lock they keys? and how do I?
  2. NYC GUY

NYC GUY New Member

Hold down the "Home" key for a few seconds and you will see a quick list appear. The third item on the list is a "Key Lock". In additon, you will also discover some other quick fixes for settings for the Q on this list.

To answer your next question which will be how to unlock the keys, it is quite simple. Press the left soft key which will have the word unlock right above it on the screen and then the A key and the keys are unlocked.
  3. claypoolio

claypoolio New Member

to lock hit the home key then space bar.
  4. cabindoor

cabindoor New Member

Hey man,

I'm pretty much a new Q user as well. I'm leavin for Iraq again soon, so I'll have to put it up and play with it later, but here's a few starters for ya...

-- TCPMP is a video player like Windows Media Player. It plays other files that WMP won't play. You can download TCPMP for your Q this link. Make sure you down load the smartphone version 0.72 (tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.cab or tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.exe).

-- A quick way to lock your phone keys is press the HOME key and then press the SPACE key and it will lock your keys.

-- If you have sirius radio, here's somethin for your phone...
    Here's the link to SiruCE for those with Sirius Radio.

There's just a few. There's more, just look through the forum a bit more and you should be schooled up, per se. Have fun!

Art
  5. tj!2k6

tj!2k6 New Member

6. dawgpoundfan

dawgpoundfan New Member

Good luck and stay safe

Just wanted to give a quick shout of thanks for your service to the ol' USofA and good luck over there, be careful!

7. URang

URang New Member

Hey all,
    I am getting a new Q Black (Verizon) this afternoon. I am trying to get the “must have” software and accessories.
    Any recommendations? I have looked through the posts but some are a few months back. The way technology changes, I figured I would see if there is anything new.
    I am going to be using the phone for both business apps and email (w/ Exchange 2003) and pleasure. T
    hanks in advance for the assistance.
  8. rebelus

rebelus New Member

I just had to get a replacement for my Q phone and now I need to get the MPEG4 AAC AUDIO DECODER for the TCPMP file to play sound with my videos. Please let me know if anyone has this file to dl.

Thanks
  9. insider

insider New Member

You can use Nero vision 4 to convert audio files to mpeg2. You will save more space than the avi files you are using
  10. SubhumanDerelict

SubhumanDerelict New Member

True, but I think he (and myself included) want to be able to play AAC audio in TCPMP. I've tried looking for that codec pack but I can't find a damn thing! I usually do pretty well in terms of finding stuff like this, but I'm stumped. If anyone knows where this can be found, would you please point us in the right direction?
  11. GamerJunk.net

GamerJunk.net New Member

use the mobile version of google reader
  12. sunairmidwest

sunairmidwest New Member

thanks

THANKS FOR THE TIPS! AND MORE THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! GOD SPEED!

13. kennedylegler

kennedylegler New Member

how do u add video to your phone?

hey man.. i just DL'd the TCPMP and I was trying to add a video file I downloaded and it wont let me add it to the storage card of my phone. what videos do you play using the TCPMP and how do you add them to your phone? I tried adding an episode of Entourage I had and it starts to add it but then stops and restarts itself??
  14. kennedylegler

kennedylegler New Member

hey man.. i just DL'd the TCPMP and I was trying to add a video file I downloaded and it wont let me add it to the storage card of my phone. what videos do you play using the TCPMP and how do you add them to your phone? I tried adding an episode of Entourage I had and it starts to add it but then stops and restarts itself??