Moto Q moving SLOWLY between Screens? HELP

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by sznwds, Jan 1, 2008.

1. dcarroll23

dcarroll23 New Member

I do not know if this will help but I had an issue where the q was taking too long between tasks. I first noticed when texting...would just hang and eventually bail. what worked was to clear the cache when the q tries to figure out what word you are typing. I think it is predictive text. it is in one if the settings. been working fine since I did that and I use q a lot. I had recently added vito copy paste...that may have something to do with it. i've since deleted vito. haven't tried it since.
    good luck.
  2. erupert

erupert New Member

Thanks. I will look for this setting as I have that problem as well. I'll be typing along and all of a sudden, the characters stop appearing. If I cancel, save as a draft, and re-open the draft, all the text is there and I can keep going.
  3. erupert

erupert New Member

Follow up to the above. Dcarroll23 - you might have just nailed it! It's working so much better now that I not only cleared that cache, but turned off that feature ( I didn't use it anyway). I noticed that it also seems to clear out the cache's email addresses so all of these various cache's were prob pretty large (since I see prob close to 100 emails / day and respond to maybe a dozen).
  4. dcarroll23

dcarroll23 New Member

glad to help. i didn't think it was memory (in my case)

yeah..my memory stays pretty stable. did not think was memory issue. could be, but i've had q phone for over a year and this was kinda recent. figured the q had to be doing something..what else would it do while writing a text. seems logical.

5. erupert

erupert New Member

This should be a "sticky" as there seem to be numerous people with a slow problem and this definately seems to be the culprit as mine has been working perfectly fine ever since I cleared the cache and turned off predictive text.
  6. jespley

jespley New Member

I've had the predictive typing turned off since I got the phone so that's not the problem for me. I hope it continues to work for you Erupert.
  7. GalavantBear

GalavantBear New Member

On My Third Device, Getting Frustrated

You guys are a great resource. I will be receiving my second replacement today, actually my third device. I liked my Moto Q 9m when I first got it. There were no problems for about three months and then the headaches began.

With the first device, the screen would randomly go blank. On each instance I had to remove the battery. I went through a number of master resets and phone calls with Verizon’s customer service. The finally agreed to replacement.

The second device worked fine for about three weeks and the same problem repeated but went a step further. Composing e-mails and text messages were problematic. Aside from the slow response rate to keystrokes and menu options, whenever I inserted a symbol such as a question mark, the device would freeze up. In a 20 minute ride to work one morning (on the bus) I had to take the battery out five times to restart my device. The second device has gone through a number of master resets as well, very frustrating.

On the first device I had installed Yahoo Mobile which I did not reinstall after the first master reset. I keep mobile reader which I got from Amazon and a trial version of CorePlayer Mobile for SmartPhone which runs circles around Windows Mobile Media Player. I did not reinstall anything after the second reset.

I won’t be installing anything on the replacement, at least for a couple of days. Then too I find this so disappointing. After all, isn’t the Moto Q 9m a SmartPhone? I am unable to enjoy its intended purposes. One last thing, I invested in a pair of Altec Lansing headphone with mic. The quality of the headphone is great but the volume is lousy. It has a volume control but the volume is minimal. Does anyone have any suggestions on improving my experience of four months with my Moto Q 9m?

Thanks,

Alex
  8. seafood

seafood New Member

Wanted to add something to this thread and hopefully receive some feedback on how this problem is affecting me.

I have had the Q9m now for about 3 weeks and I am having huge lag times between screens, similar to the OP problem. Simple things like pulling up my contact list takes FOREVER!

Here is the kicker for me. I don’t have ANY applications on my phone. I don’t have a data plan, I don’t use the internet, I don’t use Word or other similar things, I have not installed ANHYTING and I am having huge problems with this thing.

I use this phone for a) phone b) texting c) calendar feature d) music.

I have a 6GB card that is only about 1/6 full to this point.

Why would I have some much trouble with screen lag and slow speed when I am hardly using any of the phones features?

thanks
  9. GalavantBear

GalavantBear New Member

I wish I had an answer for you. I thank those who have posted replies but I am honestly over the Q9m. I like the device and feel it is probably a software matter, mainly the operating system. I was in one of the Verizon store and the sales person who owns the previous model of this phone witness my problems with this phone. Best of luck.
  10. seafood

seafood New Member

Yep. I think I am done too. I have to do reset after reset and it still does nothing. it wont even allow me to send text messages.

Complete piece of junk. I am back to the drawing board.

Great idea for a phone...but major overhaul is needed.
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

the Q is not for everyone...

potQ.
  12. MWYada

MWYada New Member

The Q9m essentially goes into a non-responsive state.

I fail to see how that translates into it being not for everyone.
  13. PLAYINGWMYQ

PLAYINGWMYQ New Member

I Have The Moto Q And Hope Your Moto Q9 Has The Same Features To This: You May Wanna Ck Your "system Tools" (found Thru Your "start") Then Go To "task Manager" And There U Will Find Your List Of "running Programs" Then Press "menu" And Choose "kill" This Will Erase Your Running Programs That Were Not Closed (just Like It Happens On A Personal Computer Screen Which Slows Down Your Computer Between Programs) Hope This Helps
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

my response was directed at seafood...