Moto Q and Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by Willy, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Ed Weingart

Ed Weingart New Member

Worth it

Hey, To me it is worth it....It saves me hours of data entry and I am too old to be doing that and without errors. I started off with a blank Moto Q. Also just think of the fact that you now have a great backup for contacts in the Q.:w00t:

2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

true
    but if its going to run the same (or close) as outlook why not just get outlook? you can do more things and you dont need other software to run it...and if you have express you can easily import those items to outlook and sync with active sync

so 70 bucks on syncing software (essentially buying active sync for 70 bucks)
    or 100 bucks (i think) on a full on mail/calendar/contact program with tons more options than express...

but thats my 2 cents :laugh2:
  3. Ed Weingart

Ed Weingart New Member

Well, I guess it is a toss up but since I have been using Express for XX years............Unsure

4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yup to each there own....
    if your comfortable with one way then stick with it...im not trying to make you do anything :tounge:
    simply playing devils advocate :laugh2:
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Outlook 2003 .... $35 plus $5 shipping on Ebay....works well for me and registered fine.
  6. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

When you download the trial it doesn't tell you how much it's going to cost for the full version. So after I played with it and liked it, I figured I would go ahead and purchase it now instead of waiting the 30 days. Until I saw the price........
    I had looked on ebay for outlook but the prices for 2007 was just as expensive as going into my local best buy. Didn't think to look for an older version. But that will be the route I will be taking. Thanks, DrQ for the tip!!!
  7. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Good I'm glad I helped. I find 2003 fine in conjunction with Agenda One and Smartnotes. If I want to sync anything else, I just use Mobsync or copy to my PC.
  8. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

I just need to be able to backup my contacts and my papyrus calendar. I don't use my Q for business purely pleasure and to show off to my friends who have, dare I say lesser, cell phones:tounge:!
  9. Eugene

Eugene New Member

I just signed up for a google account then imported all my data to it and used oggsync to drop them on the phone. Total cost $0.
    I'm now using oggsync to go between the phone and google and opensync between google and my pim. No need for outlook or outlook express and I have my data now backed up in an extra place.
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is indeed a good and also a free solution for sure...
  11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

curious to know what did not work with Companion. (since Scott and i beta test this app, we just want to know, please reply in this thread) once you have the contacts in the Q there are option such as the mentioned one to sync with Google to maintain backup contacts.
  12. Eugene

Eugene New Member

plus is keeps me from having to use outlook or outlook express. I probably could have tolerated outlook and all its problems but outlook express is something to avoid at all costs.
  13. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hehe.... well, you found a working solution and that is what we strive for..