Moto Q 9m Interfering with wireless connection

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by recombinant girl, Oct 19, 2007.

1. recombinant girl

recombinant girl New Member

Moto Q 9m Interfering with wireless connection

Hey everyone! I just got my Q9M last week and finally got around to tinkering with it. Well i've been trying all evening and i can't seem to get things to work.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

1. As soon as i plug my q9m into the usb port of my laptop, my wireless connection goes out. I thought it was my router playing games but i tried it out a few times and...yep definitely everytime i plug the Q in, my laptop wireless connection disconnects. I went into the Q itself under active sync and unchecked "Synchronize all pcs using this connection" and still my wireless gets disconnected. This is my biggest problem right now.

2. I can't get media player to recognize my mobile device. It did the first time i installed wmp, but after that first time, i can't get it to recognize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. recombinant girl

recombinant girl New Member

Ok Nevermind. I got it working now. I guess you can't uncheck the "synchronize all pcs..". I went back and checked it and it started working now. I don't understand why it doesn't drop my internet connection anymore but hey i'm happy.
  3. chrischoi

chrischoi New Member

I'm having the same issue.

My "Synchronize all pcs using this connection" box was checked. I just unchecked it. But I'm afraid to install Active Sync again. As soon as I plug it in. It cuts out my internet connection. :( I had to System Restore many times and uninstalling Active Sync didn't fix the problem.
  4. igotaq

igotaq New Member

Go to Start- Settings - COnnections- USB to PC and uncheck that box. Your internet won't get disconnected.
  5. chrischoi

chrischoi New Member

I went to start. I don't have settings. I went through control panel and all the connection icons and nothing...

Can you tell me where it is?
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

on your Q not the PC
  7. chrischoi

chrischoi New Member

Even when I unplugged the Q from the comp it would still not connect. So I should be fine now right?
  8. igotaq

igotaq New Member

huh?

as long as you have the "enable advanced networking" option unchecked, internet should not drop if you connect or disconnect ur phone
  9. chrischoi

chrischoi New Member

I thought I had unchecked it before. Thanks alot. It works now. Now I just gotta figure out this ghost Draft message.