Moto Q 9h Official Specifications

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chris, Apr 19, 2007.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Moto Q 9h Official Specifications

I know there are a lot of questions surrounding the Moto Q 9h (notice the name has been changed), so I've set up a Moto Q 9h page that contains a complete list of product specifications and a photo gallery. The specifications come courtesy of Motorola's website.

Here are the quick specs as per Motorola:
    • Slim - Only 11.8 millimeters thick
    • Full, ergonomic QWERTY keyboard
    • Opera browser
    • Attachment Viewer
    • Voice Notes
    • Anti-Virus protection
    • Camera: 2.0 megapixel with fixed focus
    • OS/Applications: Windows MobileĀ® 6.0 Standard
  2. mikemcq

mikemcq New Member

Chirs,
    I Was Wondering If You Heard Anything About The Compatibility Of Programs We May Have Running On Our Q's Now With Wm6? That Would Stink To Have To Pay Anoter 30 Bucks For Apps Such As Pdanet, Docs To Go, Etc. I Would Imagine They Won't Be Compatable With Wm6, Because That Would Make Too Much Sense, And The Manufacturers Wouldn't Get To Rob Us. Lol. If You Hear Anything On This, Could You Let Us Know. I Am Eligible To Upgrade My Phone In June, I Would Love Too Get A Wm6 Device, But Having To Re-purchase Over $150.00 In Apps Would Be Nuts. Thanks In Advanced.
  3. chris

I think that question would be developer specific. If moving their app to WM6 requires a lot of development, it's possible they would charge an upgrade fee. Without knowing what's involved, I'm hesitant to say either way. My guess is that most will work and I'm thinking from Microsoft's standpoint. I would think they wouldn't want to introduce a new OS that breaks thousands of apps. You might try visiting the developer section of this site and asking your question. Someone there might be better qualified to answer your question.

-Chris
  4. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

I can say a of the apps I am using on my Moto Q now seem to either be WM6 ready or nearing confirmation of WM6 status. I aim for the developers that have a solid position on updates either free or discounted upgrades. After all they do not work for free and neither do we.

I stumbled across GSMarena.com the other day in my google searches. They have some very nice spec info about the Moto Q9h as well.

My real question is and maybe Chris can find out from his Moto contacts, when will it launch in the US or come unlocked?
  5. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

One of the key benefits of the Moto Q9h that seems to be completely overlooked by the press is the memory on board. We get 96MB Program RAM and 256MB Storage RAM. That is huge. You will be able to run more apps without memory issues and you won't plus open larger database files. Also you can keep more apps on board.
  6. Butwait

Butwait New Member

Thats great, but what about power (Battery)
  7. chris

I exchanged emails with one of my contacts at Moto. No information yet, it's not because I haven't asked.:wink: As soon as I get any information, I'll pass it along.
  8. nrw

nrw New Member

So, the big question is when is the expected release date? All I have heard is second quarter 2007. How vague is that? :laugh2:
  9. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Based on info over at Boy Genius Report its coming to AT&T in August.

The real question now is do we jump on unlocked units for a higher price or wait and see what beneficial features AT&T offers?

Also i want to see accessories and how well the battery life is.
  10. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Thanks Chris for the update. I now this is going to be a hot device for moto in smartphone arena and it has me moving over to AT&T to get it, most everyone I know is Verizon but hey its worth it for me.
  11. MotQNNJ

MotQNNJ Guest

Yeah, I ditto the thanks Chris! Unfortunatley, AT&T service sucks in my area and Verizon rocks, so this will not tempt me to move over. Anyway, my contract expires in the latter part of 2008. By that time, Motorola will probably have released a few more new Q's.
  12. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

In my area ATT & Verizon appear to be on par with each other and based on users at my office the QOS on both carriers appears even. So even though I have 8 months left I will be breaking in the next few once the ATT part is confirmed by the carrier. I don't mind unlocked device pricing, but I do want warranty support and they may offer something worthwhile or not.
  13. troutseth

troutseth Guest

Attachment viewer? I was under the impression that WM 6 for smartphone would include a version of mobile office.
  14. ppcmd

ppcmd New Member

Here are the specs currently available at Phonescoop. Also over at Howard forums they have a sticky thread regarding the Q9h in the Cingular PDA forums confirming it is in test as you can see below for a July/Aug release. It is moving along. www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154294

Status-Testing

Release timeframe- July-Aug

Price-Unknown

Specs:

Modes GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
    WCDMA 850 / WCDMA 1900
    WCDMA 1700 or 2100 in place of 850/1900 on some versions
    Weight 4.73 oz (134 g)
    Dimensions 4.65" x 2.64" x 0.46" (118 x 67 x 12 mm)
    Form Factor Bar
    Internal Antenna
    Battery Life Talk: 6.50 hours (390 minutes)
    Standby: 480 hours (20 days)
    Battery Type LiIon
    1170 mAh
    Display Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
    Colors: 65,536 (16-bit)
    Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
    Platform / OS Windows Mobile for Smartphones
    version 6
    Memory 256 MB (built-in, flash shared memory)
    Phone Book Capacity shared memory
    Features Ungroup Features + Show Missing Features
    GPS / Location Type: A-GPS
    Accessibility
    Digital TTY/TDD Yes
    Multiple Languages Some versions only
    Alerts
    Polyphonic Ringtones Chords: 64
    Ringer Profiles Number of profiles: 5
    Vibrate Yes
    Connectivity
    Bluetooth Supported Profiles: HFP 1.5, HSP, DUN, OPP, FTP, A2DP, AVRC, BIP, BPP
    PC Sync Yes
    USB Version: 2.0
    built-in microUSB connector
    Contacts
    Multiple Numbers per Name Numbers per entry: 9
    Picture ID Yes
    Ringer ID Yes
    Voice Dialing speaker-independent
    Customization
    Custom Graphics Yes
    Custom Ringtones Yes
    Data & Network
    Data-Capable Yes
    Flight Mode Yes
    Packet Data Technology: HSDPA 3.6
    plus EDGE
    WAP / Web Browser Browser Software: Opera 8.6
    Input
    Predictive Text Entry Technology: iTAP
    Side Keys Yes
    Text Keyboard Layout: QWERTY
    Memory
    Memory Card Slot Card Type: microSD / TransFlash
    up to 2 GB
    Messaging
    Email Client Protocols Supported: IMAP4, POP3
    supports Push Email via ActiveSync
    MMS Yes
    Text Messaging 2-Way: Yes
    Text Messaging Templates Number of Templates: 9
    Music
    Music Player Supported Formats: wmv, wma, mp3, mpeg4, h263, h264, real audio, real video, aac
    Photo & Video
    Camera Resolution: 2+ megapixel
    LED flash / fixed focus
    Streaming Video Protocol: RTSP, HTTP
    Video Capture Max. Length: available memory
    Productivity
    Alarm Yes
    Calculator Yes
    Calendar Yes
    To-Do List Yes
    Voice Memo limited only by available memory
    Software
    Games Yes
    Java (J2ME) Yes
    Voice
    Speaker Phone Type: Full-Duplex

specs source: phonescoop
  15. gmardre

gmardre New Member

16. AwingsFan

AwingsFan New Member

17. QDaddy

QDaddy New Member

Q9m for sale tonight

I just met with some Verizon Wireless business account sales reps that came to my place of employment, and they said that they can start placing orders for the Q9m tonight.

It also appears that they are charging a little less for the Q9m than the original Q at this point which was a surprise to me. I had planned on getting the original Q now that I just became eligible for an upgrade discount, incorrectly thinking that they would heavily discount the original Qs now, but it looks instead like they want to "encourage" us to move to Window Mobile 6?
  18. Max Taylor

Max Taylor New Member

Tell me please if it is possible to record calls with RESCO Voice Recorder on moto Q9h, or it doesn't support this like moto Q, - only external sounds to record???
  19. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

there is no software to do that

-Sent from my Q
  20. Max Taylor

Max Taylor New Member

Well, I still believe that the problem is in different SWs of CDMA Moto Q (Q9m, Q9c) and GSM/UMTS Q9h. I mean the audio codecs are different. In CDMA Moto Qs the Qualcomm QCELP codec is used, but for GSM/UMTS - AMR.
    Here I attach the RESCO_Dictophone - the best voice and sound recorder! Please try it on your Q9h. In my country Q9h costs 650$ - it's a lot of money for me... I don't want to buy it if it can't make call records... (In RESCO_Dictophone's settings there is a possibility to make a smartphone record all the calls. It doesn't work on my Moto Q - check it on Q9h)

http://www.resco.net/downloads/cab/audiorecen_s.arm.sp.cab