Moto Q 9c and Sprint 3G

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by mrlorider, Feb 25, 2009.

1. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

@ninjaap it's called DDTM. CDMA will not support simultaneous data and voice (true). however if you turn DDTM off (Dedicated Data Transmission Mode) the data stream will be paused when a call comes in, and then pick up where it left off when the call is over.
  2. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

Now that you say that, when streaming music, it does pause when a call comes in.
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I see... so that would be equivalent to VZW's CPOP? Have you ever tried dl a file while on a call? Was wondering if it errors or will it pick up where it left off?
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if I were to try and start the download mid call it wouldn't work. but if I was already downloading a file and received a call, it would pick up where it left off at the end of the call
  5. hi-tech

hi-tech New Member

I have sprint and if I am on the internet and a call comes in I get interrupted with the call, so it does work.
  6. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes. I understand that now. But when a call comes in, internet connection is suspended until you end the call. An example would be when a friend called me for directions. I was still able to use google maps to search while she was on speakerphone. I was giving her turn by turn instuctions while she was driving. Or I could be on the phone while downloading a huge file like a video from the internet in the background. This is not possible with CDMA. I'm not knocking sprint, in fact I plan to migrate to sprint in a few months when my contract with att is over. Is it necessary a feature to have? No. But it would be nice.
  7. hi-tech

hi-tech New Member

Yes, you are correct. I just tried that.
  8. Que

Que New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the early first generation Qs were configured to ignore calls while using data service.
    There was a registry hack you could make that would allow you to change that so calls would be passed through while data service was temporarily suspended.
    I believe in the last update (the fourth one?), Sprint changed the default setting to allow calls to come through.

As far as I know, the Q9c has always been configured to allow calls through while suspending data.
    Of course all of this is from memory, and I could be wrong.
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

that is correct. that's the DDTM I was mentioning...