Moto global and freezing

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by lish300, Mar 5, 2008.

1. lish300

lish300 New Member

Moto global and freezing

Does the Moto global freeze alot? I am really wanting to buy one but I read alot people saying that is a problem. So if anyone has any info please respond. Thanks
  2. Hermn8r

Hermn8r New Member

Had mine since the day they came out for ATT US, and never had the phone freeze at all. My old Q I had to do a number of battery pulls, but I think that was more user error than anything else :tounge:
  3. lish300

lish300 New Member

Thanks

Thank you! I guess there are some that have bugs in them.
  4. drait

drait New Member

Like all smartphone devices, it usually depends on what software or software combination you install that determines device stability. If you take a stock Q9h and do nothing to it, in theory it should never lock up or perform in a way that you don't desire. But what'd be the fun in that? ;-)
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Probably goes for global warming as well... :)
  6. swsailer

swsailer New Member

no problems here

I've had the moto q 9h for about a month now and it works fine. My last phone was a Palm Trio and it was horrible - froze up all the time. The Q also has good batter life... it will last 2-3 days between charges.
  7. Technician

Technician New Member

I agree that a stock Q9 will likely not lock up.

I think anybody having any issue has not been careful in what they install.

My recommendations are,

Install only what you need.
    Install one application at a time, test your phone make sure it is stable before adding something else.
    Try to avoid Beta software or something that has not been confirmed on the Q9h.

Follow a little common sense you should be fine.

But like any computer in time you may find, wiping your phone may clean up much excess baggage.
  8. lbmmoh

lbmmoh New Member

it rarely if ever freezes, but it does randomly reboot
  9. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

I had the tmobile pocketpc, treo 650, ppc6700 and I now have a Q1 and a Q9h global. The Qs have been the best out out of all of them with the fewest problems. The only problem I had is on the Q1 it says it is charging when it really didn't. My Q9h is perfect.
  10. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

And the cavemen driving around in their SUV's with Q's helped cause the last ice age
  11. DIGItonium

DIGItonium New Member

I've had my Q9H for about a month and a half, and it has been locking up a bit more frequently. The Camera function is the one crashing my phone most of the time, and it is super slow. It takes awhile to bring it up and take photos. When it was new, it wasn't that slow. Sometimes I'll record a video, and it'll lock up the unit with the video image stuck on the screen.

It's a nice phone, but has been getting slower and slower.
  12. drait

drait New Member

It could be a combination of the software that you've installed. Even though most WM5/WM6 SP software operates fine with others, all it takes is one bad app to make the device unstable.

Mine was having all sorts of bizarre issues so I hard reset and installed everything one app at a time until I found the problem app. Now it's lickety split and is rock stable.