Moto and WM 7?

Discussion in 'Future Motorola Q Smartphones' started by mhans311, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Moto and WM 7?

Just wondering if anyone has any guesses whether motorola will come out with a new Q or Q-like device once WM 7 is released? I know they are done with WM until then, but I am wondering if I should hold out til next year and continue with my Q9m/c until then?
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

the Q series is dead

as for what they might come out with...i think its too soon to tell
  3. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I say just get a new toy now. Most carriers will offer you an early upgrade if you keep your account in good standing. I usually am eligible for an upgrade after 15 months and I heard people on vzw offer it after 12 months if you ask.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i agree
    with so many great phones out i wouldnt wait for Moto to get back in the WM game
  5. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

and given their history of producing crap in a box with a new name. I wouldn't hold my breath on anything worth the wait.
  6. stormin07

stormin07 New Member

I don't see WinMo being a viable option anymore. They are being left at the gate. It will be hard for them to gain back market share from the new Android phones and the gen4 iPhone unless they come out with something remarkable. That and WinMo 7 isn't supposed to be released until Q3 2010.
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

I got tired of waiting on WinMo7. I got me the new Droid on VZW. Its the best move I have ever made !!! It will take a lot to get me back to winmo but, I always got an eye on them. And to what ninjaap said ... he is correct. I can get early upgrades at 12 months but it costs 20 bucks and you do not get the NE2 bonus bucks. The Droid is a remarkable device.