More newbie questions

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ds535, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ds535

ds535 New Member

More newbie questions

Hi guys, more newbie questions for Q9c.
    I am searching for following questions but having problem finding the right answer.

1. Looking for some kind the software that would make Q9c's contact work much like regular cell phone. I can't assign a Silent Ringer to an unknown or private caller.

2. Simplify the procedures to send text messages. As Q9c, I have to select ->Text messaging -> Menu -> New -> Menu -> Add Recipient -> Select Contact......

3. How do I speed up the device? Perhaps install all programs on the memory card? Is there a right way of doing it?

4. How do you make ring tone for this device? Having problem open video on this link: http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/the-ultimate-ringtone-tutorial-8134.html

5. Any chance of having VoiceSMS? Software maybe?

6. In Task Manager, the CPU Utilization always in 100% is that normal? Although nothing is running.

7. In System Tools -> Memory Manager, it show that I have RAM 51.84 & used 30.40MB. Could this RAM to be enlarge? Such as desktop, just install another piece of RAM.

Thanks everyone in advance who is answering; suggesting and viewing this.
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

3. Try the Q9c Hacks Sticky in this forum or the Hacks forum for tips/tricks on speeding up your Q. It's probably a good idea to install at least some of your programs on your card as well.
  3. lamakila123

lamakila123 New Member

More More Newbie Questions

since this thread didnt have a specific title, i thought i would add my question to it...instead of making a new one.
    first of all, i just got my q9c and the battery seems really hard to put in. its like the whole for it is a little too small. it fits but its really tight. and i think it is because the of the wrapper that battery is in. (this is the extended life battery) the wrapper is glued on so i know im not suppposed to take it off. (and i want to keep my warrenty) but yah....i squezzed it in but was wondering if anybody else had the same problem.
    and when i turned on my phone for the first time, i got a black screen with a little circle in the middle with the motorolla emblem inside. (and that is after the full charge.)so i dont know whats wrong....should i ask for a new phone when i go later today to the store, or is there a magical way to fix it that you guys know about...:tounge:

Thanks for the help everybody,
    AKA
  4. ds535

ds535 New Member

Anyone?:frown:

Thanks
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

without 3rd party software only way would be to setup your main ringer as a silent tone and add a ringtone for each contact
    or you might want to look in to photo contacts pro

no

check out the speed hack

use any sound file you want
    put it in the root directory of the storage card or \application data\sounds

this has been mentioned several times
    where you get a text with what the VM says
    search for voicemail text

check out to see what is running in the background

no

all answers could be easily found with a search
    rather than sit and wait for someone to answer a ton of question take a look through the site
    alot of people arent going to answer a laundry list of questions
  6. dmm5157

dmm5157 New Member

What I do is just type the name of the person/contact (just like you would if you were looking up the person to call them), then click down to their name and just press the direction pad to the right to select "TXT" and use the soft LEFT key to select TEXT.

Basically, there is no need to go to the TEXT MESSAGING menu. Just search for the person in your contacts and select TEXT.

You can do the same thing with e-mail if you've put their e-mail address in their contacts info and you have your e-mail on your phone set-up.
  7. lamakila123

lamakila123 New Member

ummm......about my question

i was just gonna let you guys know that i already searched the forums before i post...i accidentally didn't once and got flamed on another forum (not gona happen again). but since i couldn't get an answer...i took it to the sprint store to see what they knew...

they told me it wasn't loaded with wm6 (or any windows mobile for that matter). but after some arguing and complaining on my part (it took them 2 weeks to send me the faulty phone), they agreed to send me the new one without having to receive the old one first..... and now my new one works;
    so if that ever happens to anybody else....just take it back to them and get them to send you a new one...(i don't think you would be able to fix it your self...)