Modify Today Screen

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by stine, Dec 3, 2007.

1. stine

stine New Member

Modify Today Screen

The email/text section that is stuck to the today screen. Is there anyway to modify this?

I don't want to hook my exchange account on this phone since I have a work issued phone for this purpose, I'd rather just use my gmail account. However without setting up exchange it always takes up space by saying Email(0). Can I remove this somehow? Or better yet is there some way to wire this up to go to the gmail account instead?

Thanks
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If you set up your Gmail on your Q, that indicator should tell you when you have new messages and how many. Is your Gmail already set up, and the indicator is NOT working?
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

4. stine

stine New Member

This works to an extent:

<text lang="0x0409">Email <unreadEmail /></text>

However, when you click on it when it shows a new email, it does nothing. It won't take you to the email account.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Try this...basically you need the plug-in line but you can remove the other parts you don't need!

<plugin file="sysplug.dll" clsid="{2F930BF0-6FE9-4a53-9E17-88E9247BAB48}" name="messages_aligned" height="84">
    <label y="68" x="103" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" font-size="12" fgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <text>SMS: <unreadSMS/>
    </text>
    </label>
    <label y="68" x="138" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" font-size="12" fgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <text>E-Mail: <unreadEmail/>
    </text>
    </label>
    <label y="68" x="178" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" font-size="12" fgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <text>V-Mail: <unreadVMail/>
    </text>
    </label>
    </plugin>