Mobile Phone tools 4.0 question

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by opie168, Feb 7, 2007.

1. opie168

opie168 New Member

I am about to purchase the Q for Sprint and one of the accessories is Mobile Phone Tools 4.0 the CD and USB cable's. i was wondering what all this exactly will/can do and if it is ever needed at all.

Also I will be switching from Nextel and wanted to know if it/sprint used sim cards at all or is it all internal memory for the phone?

Thanks in advance
  2. blakksmiff

blakksmiff New Member

Even though I never took the time to actually read the cover of the Cd that came with the Q, my Q came with the disk to install activesync on my pc. Activesync is what you use to sync your desktop outlook to your Q, install certain apps to the q, and is one way to xfer files to yor q. And no, Sprint does not use SIM cards.
  3. opie168

opie168 New Member

I am talking about the extra accessory that you can buy thats called Mobile Phone Tools 4.0 and comes with another usb cable, Not the CD that comes with the Q already. I'm wanting to know what all that software on that CD is needed for if at all.
  4. inf3st

inf3st New Member

If I'm not mistaken the Phone Tools software doesn't even work with the Q.
  5. Super S

Super S New Member

Mobile Phone tools 4.0 question Reply to Thread

Mobile Phone Tools will not work with the Q because the Q is a Windows based device. Dont waste your money.
  6. opie168

opie168 New Member

Ok thanks, i was just asking b/c it was on the SERO site when I am about to order my phone soon.

On a side note, What is the typical SD card people are using with their Q's?

thanks again
  7. Super S

Super S New Member

Well most people probably use a anything up to 2gigs. I use 2gigs because i am constantly on my phone doing stuff and i found the card for like $28
  8. opie168

opie168 New Member

Where did you get such a good deal on a 2gig from and what brand is it, since I herd some brands are having difficulties with the Q?
  9. Super S

Super S New Member

I was wrong lol it was only $19

Qty Item Price 1 AData Speedy 2GB miniSD Card Retail Package $18.95 Shipping & Handling (Standard flat-rate shipping- Table Rate) : $6.95 Tax (VA) : $0.00 Total: $25.90bought it from digizone technologies. Havent had any problems with it