Mobile 5 and Office Communicator

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by DJ_.45_cal, Jun 20, 2006.

1. DJ_.45_cal

DJ_.45_cal New Member

Mobile 5 and Office Communicator

If you have a Q (and I assume you do or are thinking about getting one since you're on this ste) and your company has deployed Microsoft Live Communications Server 2005 I highly recommend the new Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile. It is the client piece of the IM software for your Mobile 5 device. I have installed it n my Q and it works wonderfully. In order to get it to work, you do have to install your root certificate onto the Q and Verizon has locked down the permissions to add certificates to your device. In order to do this you'll need a free download of VZW_SpAddCert. This executable will allow you to add the root cert to your Q. Then just install the Communicator Mobile software and configure it for your environment (i.e. server, username, password) and off you go. All of the software you need for the Q are free downloads. I ca't tell you how cool is it to be sitting in Denver and be able to IM corporate users back in Boston. At it is all secured communication, no public IM worries.

This is a must have if you are using Live Communications Server 2005 in your company.
  2. DJ_.45_cal

DJ_.45_cal New Member

3. afocoryw20

afocoryw20 New Member

Nice find...
  4. CodeGuy

CodeGuy New Member

5. camp54

camp54 New Member

I've gotten Communicator to work by "unlocking" my Q, but no luck on a colleagues machine by just installing the Root Cert.

I can't seem to find anything out there on this....Anybody provide any specifics?
  6. jrbnc

jrbnc New Member

Hello,

I have also installed communicator mobile and I am able to connect no problem when I have the usb connected to my laptop and my laptop is vpn'd into works network. However when It cannot connect once i unplug the usb. So knowing that I need to have a vpn connection in order to reach the live communications server, is there anyway to do this using the Q? I see vpn connections in the Q, and even set one up. But how do I tell the communicator mobile to connect using the vpn?

Thanks,
    Josh