Mobi Crystal case... help please

Discussion in 'Motorola Q Accessories' started by tharmsen, Aug 19, 2006.

1. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

2. TAG1976

TAG1976 New Member

[​IMG]
    ((Bump))

Im interested too...
  3. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys, but this doesn't support the extended battery. I'm working to get the case descriptions to detail if they support the extended battery or not. To my knowledge, we don't have any cases that specifically support the extended battery. My guess is that the manufacturers did not anticipate the popularity of the extended battery. Most folks wouldn't spend $60 for a battery out of the gate. Given the battery issues faced by many so early and the ridiculous discount, most took the leap to add the extended battery. (myself included).

Sorry for the late response.

-Chris
  4. bry

bry New Member

I had just recently baught one today, from boxwave.com. Awaiting its arrival in a few days. I'll let you know how it is. Has anyone ordered the ActiveCase from boxwave that has any feedback to share? Let me know. Thanks!
  5. ChadRioux

ChadRioux New Member

That is a beautiful case. I have been looking for a nice case and woukd probably buy this one if it supported an extended battery. This is to bad. I even returned some skins I bought at the verizon store which looks nice with the normal battery but horrible with he extended battery. Well I will keep looking.
  6. olopez

olopez New Member

I bought that case & its great! It fits like a glove. You still have access to all the buttons & ports. Bought it on ebay for $8 shipped!
  7. Incognito

Incognito New Member

weight?

Does it add any weight to the Q? I used the invisible shield and that seems to be working great.

I bought this phone to replace the Treo 700w boat anchor I was lugging around for a year - I'm not eager to add any bulk just yet.
  8. olopez

olopez New Member

Not at all. Don't even notice it's on. Gives the phone a better grip too. :2cool:
  9. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

10. inf3st

inf3st New Member

@Tharmsen

I bought that case a couple months ago. It's a very nice case. But I warn you now. once you get that case on. Don't even try to get it off unless you have a pocketknife or something pointy. It doesn't work with the ext. battery but it's a nice case fits like a glove. It's also very sturdy. I never even flinch if that drop the Q and it's in that case.
  11. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

That's good to know, thanks! Since I've already lost one Q to being dropped I'm looking for a case that can withstand such treatment in the future.
  12. toxiclows

toxiclows New Member

Very good to know since i just bought one last night. . . . my spec tough skin after 3 weeks split in 2 on the thin little part above the charging port. . . returned it for a mobi clear... . hope its cool. . .

one thing though. .

Does anyone know if it will still fit in the stock holster with that mibi on it??? i may be holsterless. . .. .oh well i was with the spec too as theres is just not designed right to get it out in under 10 minutes. . .

Chris
  13. toxiclows

toxiclows New Member

yeah, I saw that one i just was never a big fan of the swinging around type of belt clip... ot the nub on the back of my phone. . .

hopefully it is decent quality.. i hate buying junk for my expensive phone. . I was reading about it being hard to get back off and decited to go ahead and order a 2 gb memory card for it before it came so i could get me ram in there.. . and be done with it
  14. tharmsen

tharmsen New Member

It's highly unlikely that it will work with your stock holster. That's why I purchased the one above (see post above yours).
  15. Drewfu$

Drewfu$ New Member

I just got the Mobi Crystalclear case, and it doesn't fit! The clip by the top of the phone just won't snap shut. Its like the phone is just a little too thick to fit. No matter what I do, it won't work. My phone is a week old, maybe Motorola changed the design just a little lately.

Looks like I'll be returning it to the Qstore. Hopefully I can find another nice clear hard case without a clip (don't like those either). I'll post up if I can find anything good.
  16. rquick

rquick New Member

I'm about to deploy 100 Q's but need a case to support the extended batteries. These crystal hard cases would be perfect for my facility.

I've called SmarphoneExperts and they do not make one. I can't find contact info for Mobi or Spec which also have nice crystal cases with screen protection.

Does anyone here know of any manufacturers that make what I need?

Thanks in advance!
    Randy

EDIT---

On Boxwave.com they have a crystal case just like the smarphone and the mobi, but their website has a "request new case" link on the right hand side of the page. The link is below, maybe if we get enough people requesting them they will actually make them.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/activecase/active-case-motorola-q_869.htm
  17. VancouverQUser

VancouverQUser New Member

Spec Case

I have the Spec case and I find it functional. If there is another hard case that supports the extended battery, I am all for it.

Wink
  18. Qluver

Qluver New Member

found this for extended battery

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/flexiskin-motorola-q_869.htm

I have this case in pink for mine, don't have the extended battery but its the same thing and it has the extended battery. It is VERY flexible and it grips nice...and it does protect it from scratches and nics even though its a rubber material. It is a great cover have used it for a couple of months now!

Qluver
  19. VancouverQUser

VancouverQUser New Member

Very nice

Is the screen protected too? I cannot tell from the photos.

Thanks,

john
  20. olopez

olopez New Member

Yes it does have a screen protector! Everthing is covered except the keypad, camera/flash, speakers & the ports