MMS working on a Alltel 6.0 flased to Verizon 6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Jimvb, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Jimvb

Jimvb New Member

MMS working on a Alltel 6.0 flased to Verizon 6.1

After spending last week looking, I decided to spend my weekend working on my phone. After a day and a half I got MMS working on my Alltel Q9c that had WM6.0 on it.

Warning, I did this on a clean flashed phone using a Verizon update, not the full monster file, this will edit you registry file so I will not be held resposible. Main thing to remember is that I had no apps or anything installed at the time I copied portions of my registry so if you have, it may overwrite.

As said above, it may be best to backup your phone and reset it, that way you don't have to worry about anything.

http://rapidshare.com/files/223646062/Alltel_MSS_Files_and__Settings.zip

1. Unlock your phone so you can change the registry and overwrite files.
    2. Copy the files from the Zip to your windows directory except for the registry file.
    3. Using CeRegEditor, open your registry and import registry file in Zip.
    4. Turn your phone off, then back on.

That should be it, tried and built these files on my Q9c and also have done my wifes. Both phones work great, MMS works, Sliding panels kick butt. Couldn't be happier so I thought I would share :2cool:
  2. Razzul

Razzul New Member

Can't wait to try this! Thanks!!!
  3. pellet

pellet New Member

Doesn't work for me - I get the error that my message could not be sent.
  4. Jimvb

Jimvb New Member

Sorry to hear that its not working for you, I flashed 3 more phones last night for friends and got the MMS working with no problem off the same files I posted here. What setup are you using, Full flash, Upgrade flash, anything that you may have done to the registry? Let me know, maybe I can help out and get you going.
  5. pellet

pellet New Member

I am using the upgrade flash... no other apps installed. I believe the reason it doesn't work is that when connect my phone using RSD General, it has the Verizon log in info in some of the categories. If I change it to my Alltel info, save it, and write to the phone, it appears that the change is successful. If I get my phone info again, I can see that the change never took place and it is back to the Verizon info again...
  6. Jimvb

Jimvb New Member

Maybe its what I am using then, here is what I do. I flash the phone using the upgrade file VRZ_P3_NN_C_07.7A.00I_UPGRADE_FILE_01.sbf, after that I use Security Configuration Manager from Microsoft to Provision a security off certificate to the phone giving me full access to change and overwrite files and registry settings, it can be downloaded at this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8c-d587-47e0-908b-09fee6ea517a&displaylang=en

Once that is done, I copy the files from the zip file over to the Windows directory using the explore option on Synch. The last step I do is use CeRegEditor to import the registry settings. Turn the phone off and then back on and thats it. After that I send a few MMS messages to make sure it works, sometimes it take 2 - 3 send attempts before it goes, but once it does I normaly dont have a problem again. Hope that helps. As far as other settings, I dont change anything.
  7. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

So I've done everything up to the CeRegEditor step. I have the software but how do I write the new settings to my phone?

Thanks in advance

Craig
  8. craiggiarc

craiggiarc Active Member

It worked for me! I can now successfully send MMS on my Alltel Q9c 6.0 flashed to Verizon 6.1.

Cheers Jimvb
  9. Jimvb

Jimvb New Member

Great, glad to hear. Was just about to post back to walk you through the import process. :smile:
  10. tommy247365

tommy247365 New Member

Would someone please post a link to the upgrade file they used that worked for a dumb ol fireman? I'm ready to jump! There are so many threads, files etc. to choose from... Don't want to brick my phone, and I'm not the most proficient tech person in the house.. If it wouldn't be to much trouble of course.. Thanks!
  11. Jimvb

Jimvb New Member

Check your Private Messages
  12. pellet

pellet New Member

I unlocked my files, re-applied the files and registry settings and reboot - it still doesn't work for me... I am getting the login error. When I have more time, I will reflash and try again.
  13. tommy247365

tommy247365 New Member

Thanks jimvb..
  14. tommy247365

tommy247365 New Member

Wow!! And thanks!!

This worked... I just upgraded to 6.1, ran the registry edit.. And it works!!

this, is too cool....

Not as good as a working structure fire, but COOL!!
  15. JDarden

JDarden New Member

A little confused

Hi everyone, I'm just trying to see if any of this applies to me. Here is where I stand. I have a VERIZON branded Q9m, I want to flash it to use on alltel. I activated it last night, and I can make calls, send texts, receive calls, but no data. I would like 6.1 on this phone, but if not, I'll take the 6.0 as long as I can use data (web browsing, email, etc). Do you guys mostly have Alltel and getting the phone to work on Verizon, or do you guys have Verizon and getting the phone to work on Alltel ?
  16. Yacdogg

Yacdogg New Member

Can someone help me, how do I get to the windows folder to unload the files to it ?
  17. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hook the Q up to the computer and look for the \windows folder...ta da
  18. Razzul

Razzul New Member

One Problem

I don't have much time to post now. You will have to go to your folder options and set it so that you can view hidden files and folders to find your Windows folder on your phone under the explore option in ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center. I am using ActiveSync 4.5.

I only have Winrar. At first, it treated this like a .rar file so would only extract the import file and the two .mui files. Treat it like a zip file. Then it will extract all. I think there are 10 files I then copied to the phone's Windows directory except one would not copy--the .dll one that ends in .0409. [Edit. I moved the original and then copied this new one to the directory.]

Oh, and I activated my phone after I applied the monster Alltel flash and before I applied the Verizon update.

It is not working for me yet :-(

Thanks. Looking forward to see if this will work on my phone too.
  19. Razzul

Razzul New Member

It works!

[quote/]....after that I use Security Configuration Manager from Microsoft to Provision a security off certificate to the phone giving me full access to change and overwrite files and registry settings, it can be downloaded at this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8c-d587-47e0-908b-09fee6ea517a&displaylang=en

Once that is done, I copy the files from the zip file over to the Windows directory using the explore option on Synch. The last step I do is use CeRegEditor to import the registry settings. Turn the phone off and then back on and thats it. After that I send a few MMS messages to make sure it works, sometimes it take 2 - 3 send attempts before it goes, but once it does I normaly dont have a problem again. Hope that helps. As far as other settings, I dont change anything.[/quote]

I had downloaded the Security Device Settings file but installed it on the computer only. Connect the phone and apply the security settings off to the phone too. Then I went through the rest of the remaining steps, and it works.

Also use Winzip* to open the MMS settings file referred to in the first post. I copied 10 files to the phone's windows directory. You won't be able to see this directory unless you go to your TOOLS, FOLDER OPTIONS, VIEW in windows explorer on your computer and set it so it shows hidden folders and files. The other file will be the one you need to import to the registry.

*Winrar only extracted three files--two .mui and the one registry unless you tell it to treat the file like a zip. Winzip is just easier.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!
  20. Yacdogg

Yacdogg New Member

Help ! ! ! !

I still can't find the \Windows folder, when i open activesync and go to explore it has "My Windows Based Mobile Device" "My Pictures" "My Ringtones" "My Saved Games" "Notes" "Templates", if I go to "My Windows Based Mobile Device" it has in it "Databases" "Application Data" "ConnMgr" "docprof" "Documents and Settings" "MAPI" "MUSIC" "My Documents" "Program Files" "cemail.vol" "Kpdshm" "pim.vol" "WMPInfo", and none of them have \Windows in them. BTW i have an Alltel Q9c already flashed to VZM 6.1