Mms On Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Damionix, Oct 7, 2007.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

so how is that different than sending an email?
    you setup a new email account and put in pop and smtp servers....pretty sure thats called email:wink:

this cab file doesnt work
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

kinda like if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.. it's e-mail :}
  4. n99hockey

yea exactly
    if you have to setup an email account to do it guess what ITS EMAIL:tounge:
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well... there is a difference with this method and the one we usually advise, ours seems to work :}
  6. TheBigCheese

TheBigCheese New Member

Not even close. Verizon was $40 + $45 - $85/month and Sprint was $30 (SERO). For $55/month, I'll put up with Sprint!
  7. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

no im talking about the vision plan for internet on the q is only 15 bucks a month for sprint
  8. beargibs

beargibs New Member

If you read my entire post, you'll plainly see i dont recommend the "setup email" method, i said simply type in (###)#######@vzwpix.com (or which ever carrier you were sending to) and simply press send! that sure reminds me of the method i use everyday to text messg. You can call it what you like, but the steps are the same as sending a text, and youre really just nit picking by arguing "which acct. i chose to send it with on my q." and does it really matter, which acct. you pick? It sends "mms" to a phone which other wise could not receive "email" and allow a q to send mms which other wise cannot. So who cares if you click "email" rather than "text" when sending it!? It works no matter if you call it a "duck"Oh yeah, i almost forgot : "wink-wink" back at ya!
  9. beargibs

beargibs New Member

This method works just fine

The method of simply selecting "email" from your q "messaging" icon, and inputting the 10digit cell number followed by the "@" sign/internet carrier address supplied in said post, works just fine by the way. But apparently some of you would rather rip on others ideas, rather than contribute solutions to the problems
  10. n99hockey

hes not ripping on other ideas
    hell its not even a new idea!

YOUR EMAILING!
    which is what we have said for months...but you wouldnt know that being as you just signed up here
  11. beargibs

beargibs New Member

Again, to me (and not you as you've made clear), its mms

I still say thats just squabbling for no reason, who cares what its called? the method allows you to MMS, not email another person (for instance, my girlfriends old phone cannot receive EMAILS, but she gets my MMS, just fine. Ive been reading this website for a yr. now, but your right i have only just begun to contribute my thoughts, but if you want to rib me about only being a member for a small amount of time, go right ahead. If thats the case, then how is anyone supposed to get the "super moderator"s stamp of approval? "noobs" arent idiots, they simply havent had q's for as long as some other people have, or didnt discover the site till recently. It does not mean their contributions or questions are any less valid. I have to say though, i dont think I've ever been made fun of, simply for having a been a nerd, for a lesser amount of time than another "super nerd" And again ill say i i was simply trying to help and contribute. Some people have been very helpful on this site and i appreciate and thank them for that, and hope that i can return the favor. So thanks again for the HELP
  12. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

relax... nobody is trying to "rip" your ideas, and ask/read around here before you accuse me of not contributing to solutions.
  13. beargibs

beargibs New Member

i apologize mr.R.B.

if i accidently sent that messg. to you i sincerely apologize. It was meant for "scott", he was the one giving me a hard time about being new. I have looked around (alot)(i have just about all the "good" hacks on my q!) and i do realize you are very helpful and instrumental to this site/helping people with their questions/problems. Thanks for that, infact ill even thank you for this reply/post man! :)
    :smile:
  14. n99hockey

thanks "bearbigs" much appreciated
    the reason (not that i have to give you one) is that since you have been here for almost a full month and claim to have a 'new' idea for people who cant use MMS is just not true. if people would perhaps search just a second and read and LEARN about items discussed and dont claim everything to be a 'new' idea

and like i said before...email is email is email

have a great halloween
  15. beargibs

beargibs New Member

AGAIN, I didnt say it was new i specifically said it was an old idea, that i did not develop, i thought it might help or that someone had simply missed it. I was very wrong apparently. Thats all. And ur messg. was ALMOST nice, except for the "(i dont owe you a reason/explanation part") which didnt need to be in there guy. i totally get it, we disagree on something, obviously not uncommon for this site(Ive never seen grown-nerd-men (myself included) catfight so much, no big deal, i have looked around (everywhere) and you obviously have helped many many people and contributed a considerable amt. of posts and knowledge that i myself admitedly use. So thank you And i hope i reach "super mod" status someday, and can help you or at the very least stay off your badside man! O.K.? im sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I will do more thorough checking before submitting next time. Thanks for the pointers Scott. Sorry again man.
  16. Tarqui

Tarqui New Member

not true

Dude with Sprint you pay $15 a month and you get unlimited data/web access, unlimited picture/video mail and and unlimited text, more that u can with verizon. By the way verizon sucks hahahaha
  17. n99hockey

picture and video mail DOESNT WORK ON THE Q with sprint...so its really a moot point
  18. Tarqui

Tarqui New Member

There is an update coming out soon for that, but atleast u can get unlimited text for 30 usd cheaper that verizon
  19. beargibs

beargibs New Member

Very true! i have sprint and its an insult

You pay a little less w/sprint but you cant do a simple thing like send pictures to people (which even the cheapest phones do just fine now), unless its through email (which most people do not have on their phones), and even then they put a damned limit on the size of my emails! Why? How in the world does it effect sprint if i want to send a giant email to someone? If im willing to wait for their hideously slow internet to send it,why should they care? Its almost like being penalized for having spent the big bucks on a more expensive phone!
    :angry:
  20. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

wordd i second that ^ it pisses me off alltel doesnt suppose MMS on the Q, i tried to email to a regular phone and all it shoes is as plain text msg.. =(