Mms On Q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by Damionix, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Damionix

Damionix New Member

Mms On Q

I came across this on Qusers,
    "How to get around the 300k MMS size limit thanks to mad3963

Edit the Registry Key at HKLM\Software\Motorola\MMS\SP\Limits\MaxMessageSize. I have mine set to 1024, which is 1MB"

So just made me wonder if anyone could copy the MMS route on the registry from the Verizon phone and do the same on the Q for Sprint, will this work?
    I a, willing to try if there is anyone who can copy the registry keys and values for MMS on Q-VZW on here.

Thanx
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

probably not going to work
  3. OBXMotoQ

OBXMotoQ New Member

I can only hope that someone will come up with a solution for this nonsense....
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

there already is one, switch to Verizon :}

been discussed before... this is most likely not "fixable" with a simple registry copy/hack..
  5. OBXMotoQ

OBXMotoQ New Member

I'll tell you what.... You put up the money for the ridiculous deposit they want, buy me a Verizon Q, and I will jump right on that bandwagon....
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

deposit ? what deposit ?
  7. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

plus the unlimited data plan for verizon is 45 dollars and for sprint is only 15 dollars a month
  8. OBXMotoQ

OBXMotoQ New Member

....Indeed.
  9. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

would u rather pay 45 a month with picture mesaging for verizon or only pay 15 a month n not have pic messaging for sprint hmmm is 30 extra dollars worth it every month just for mms
  10. OBXMotoQ

OBXMotoQ New Member

$30 extra a month to send pics? No way...
  11. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

exactly for verizon the data plan is 45 dollars but for sprint its only 15 dollars n the only difference between the 2 us that sprint cant send mms
  12. taeray2002

taeray2002 New Member

I am with Alltel, and am having the same issues. Am I getting this right, that there is no hack to get MMS on the phone w/o everyone on my contact list sending their MMS to my email??!! If that is it, then I can go ahead and whoop my OWN booty for not buying the HTC6800. I truly hope that there is something because I do NOT want to send a text letting all of my contacts that they will need to add ANOTHER addy.
  13. Bert336

Bert336 New Member

Alltel supposedly does not offer MMS for their smartphones :angry: HTC looks like a brick though, i used it for a few mins..it seemed pretty fast..but just a bit too busy for me IMO.
  14. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

there has to be a hack or regedit to enable it
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

don't think there is... maybe you can find it and you'll be a hero here :}
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

that is what i am saying.... in all honesty, if this was a feature you really needed did you confirm with the sales person that their Q was capable of MMS before you got it ?
  17. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

im gonna look for a hack because when i downloaded groupsms for my phone afteri installed it and i went to send sms and then went to insert there was a option to send to a group but that option wasnt there b4 i installed the program so if i figure out how they added that opton maybe we can figure out how t add the insert pic/file option
  18. beargibs

beargibs New Member

ive only posted a few times BUT even i know theres a hack to send mms from sprint!

The "hack" (rather trick) to send mms from sprint has been on her since i got my moto q almost a yr ago guys (LOL, well okay, maybe not that long)! You are all so knowledgeable (bobby, pony, scott) how'd u miss this? : ( http://www.everythingq.com/forum/motorola-q/picture-mail-mms-3519.html?highlight=picture mail hack ) The best way ive found is not member "Tha187um"'s LONG roundabout way but rather member, "Bwizzy"'s ummm.... "unpoetic" way of getting your "email poppin" and "sending that joint! LOL. They both work and i have successfully sent pics to sprint, cingular, and verizon. "
    :wink:
  19. beargibs

beargibs New Member

Im not sure the above mentioned link is correct

If the link i used in my reply doesnt work (im not sure i copied it correctly), just do a search of the "moto q/forum" for "picture mail mms?" i believe it was.:foot:
  20. beargibs

beargibs New Member