MMS Hack....possible with some tweaking

Discussion in 'Moto Q Hacks' started by glstnng319str, Feb 25, 2008.

1. glstnng319str

glstnng319str New Member

MMS Hack....possible with some tweaking

I know there has been a lot of topics about this, and I don't know if this topic has been brought up already but here it goes. I was surfing around for some hacks and I found this website: http://www.pocketpctweaks.com/pocketpc_tweaks/view_all_tweaks
    As I was going thru the hacks I saw this hack:
    Disable GPRS or MMS

When you absolutely dont want to use grps or mms, f.e. because it costs too much etc you can use this tweak to disable it: 1) Open registry editor
    2) Go to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConnMgr\Providers\ {7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections \IDEAS Internet (GPRS)\Enabled
    3) Edit the key 'Enabled' by double-tapping or otherwise.
    4) Change its DWORD Data from '1' to '0'.
    5) Go to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConnMgr\Providers\ {7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections \IDEAS WAP (GPRS)\Enabled
    6) Edit the key 'Enabled' by double-tapping or otherwise.
    7) Change its DWORD Data from '1' to '0'.
    8) Soft-reset.

If u want to disable the MMS function as well:
    1) Open ur registry editor
    2) Go to the key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ConnMgr\Providers\ {7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections \IDEAS MMS\Enabled
    3) Edit the key 'Enabled' by double-tapping or otherwise.
    4) Change its DWORD Data from '1' to '0'.
    5) Soft-reset.

......Now I wonder if this was figured out to disable MMS why can't we do it to Enable MMS. I'm not very good with the registry so I did what I could. I found the key right about to "Connections" after that it has to be created. I tried to create it copying the other two keys that where in there but I got stuck when it was asking for CLSID which I can't figure out how to create. I don't know if this is going anywhere I just thought it would be great if this was the answer we were looking for. If anyone who is good at registry wants to grab this and run with it that would be great.
    By the way the key is a little different:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\ {7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections \....
    That's where it stops after that it needs to be created.
  2. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

I'm gonna go out on a horse's limb here and say that it probably still wont work...it's the service provider's infrastructure that allows you to mms regardless of phone settings.

Now - where's that horse?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hmm...just find RB and you will find that horse being beat :tounge:
  4. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

Only a matter of time i suppose

...but to repeatedly beat the dead horse - the only way around (which is really a half fast work around) MMS problems with sprint/alltel and others is to create some sort of program that automagically appends phone numbers with @mms-thingy.service-provider.com...perhaps have the program CC every possible combo and listen for bounced replies while keeping the right provider that didnt bounce...UGH
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

by popular demand....

[​IMG]

+ pjsnyc is correct... we know it works on the Q (Verizon & AT&T customers use it all the time.. or as in my case, hardly ever :}
  6. peppersghost

peppersghost New Member

Dang thats pretty cool.
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

what, my dead horse ?... not cool, it's downright cold :}
  8. pjsnyc

pjsnyc New Member

9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member