mlb gameday audio on my q

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by krazykustom, Feb 5, 2008.

1. krazykustom

krazykustom New Member

mlb gameday audio on my q

hello i was wondering if anyone new how to get mlb audio on a motorola q i also have xm radio but cant stream mlb games on the q from xm radio please help
  2. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I have the program Sirius WM5 to stream on my Q. I believe there is an XM program.
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Or you can wait for the merger to go through and listen with Sirius WM5. Hopefully before baseball season starts.
  4. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

MLB had Mobile Gameday Audio for Windows Mobile devices available at the end of last season. My subscription ran out in November. I haven't heard what was available for this season. This was direct with MLB, not with any carrier. If I hear anything, I will post it on the forum.
  5. krazykustom

krazykustom New Member

thanks i just checked the mlb site and they dont have the q listed or any windows mobile. only threw the get it now feat that the q does not have. thanks keep me updated
  6. ryant35

ryant35 Member

7. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Log onto http://wap.mlb.com using IE on your Q. You should get an option for Gameday Audio. This option does not show up using Opera or from a PC, only on PIE on the phone. I am not sure if it will show up if you have used to hack to have PIE show itself as IE6.

I was able to play archived games using my old password. My provider is Sprint, although my account is with MLB. I don't know if this link is only available with certain providers. Click to play an archived game. Their is an option for new users to register. My account was supposed to expire 11/2007. I haven't heard what the subscription rate is for this year.
  8. vace0009

vace0009 New Member

Another option (although it takes more steps) is to find the radio station that broadcasts the game and stream it to your phone with this website.

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/

Here in Minnesota if I want to listen to the Twins, I just tune into wcco and best of all its FREE. Although I don't think I will enjoy the games as much now that Santana plays for the Mets.
  9. pkphy39

pkphy39 New Member

Go Cubs Go

OK, so with no luck at wap.mlb.com Gameday (are they waiting for the regular season to start?), I went to the streamcenter.com link as provided above, did a quick search for WGN (go Cubs!) and clicked on the link. Lo and behold, I couldn't open it, as it apparently streams using RealAudio.

I found a link here that I'm hoping will do the trick. I'll get back and let you know.
  10. pkphy39

pkphy39 New Member

No good on that solution. Apparently it's able to play SAVED .ra and .rm files, but not streams... Though from looking around it sounds like during the regular season the MLB gameday audio feeds will be available...
  11. Dsella

Dsella New Member

Do you need a Sirius or XM account to listen to it?
  12. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

13. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

Do you see an option for Gameday Audio Archives? I clicked on that and changed the date for today. About half of today's games are available (Sorry, not the Cubs). I was able to log in and listen to some of the games. There is an option for new subscribers when you try to log in.
  14. pkphy39

pkphy39 New Member

I *do* see the options when selecting today's date, and the WGN broadcast does seem to be live. Now it's just a matter of signing up (we already sub to the online streaming, just not the windows mobile).

Thanks!

(I imagine from your sig you're in CO? Go Rockies!)
  15. pkphy39

pkphy39 New Member

UPDATE: Unfortunately, when I try to subscribe (from the phone) I get a "We're sorry. The campaign you are trying to access does not exist." message.

I'll try subbing on my PC and see what happens.
  16. pkphy39

pkphy39 New Member

Found a link here that should help..
  17. rgn2000

rgn2000 New Member

The only chance to listen to baseball games is the MLB Package. I am not sure but I thought people were able to stream their regular package somehow. You can forget XM because they do not air the baseball games via the internet. I think that is insane. They allow XM subscribers access to XM via internet and then they don't put all the programming on. It must be some policy with MLB which I think is unfair since if you are a paying subscriber you are entitled to it on the actual radio anyways. As to finding the radio station via the internet, that is also unlikely. The person who gets the Twins games is lucky. The radio stations are supposed to not air the games. For example WEEI out of Boston, when they carry the Sox, they will switch over to Fox Sports Radio on the internet. That is again the MLB policy. They would not be able to sell their package if everyone broadcasted them anyways.
  18. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

The Q is not listed in supported devices. I would e-mail technical support. Tell them you have a windows mobile device, and ask them what subscriptions they have available. I know last year this was not well publicized.

I think I'll lay low as long as they'll let me listen to the games. I can usually listen to the games on local radio, but there are times where you can't be near the radio or out of town. This works great for that. (Go Angels)
  19. SimonQ

SimonQ New Member

I have emailed MLB.COM twice to try and figure this out. I cannot see any Gameday audio link on my PIE. I'm still waiting for a response from them. There's no way I can go a season without being able to listen to the Cubs on their way to a world series.
  20. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

lol cubs go to world series you make me laugh